THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats to the 2009 field of competitors, and best of luck to everyone.

Does anyone know what the grilling entries will be for the Summer Sizzler?

I wanted to compete last year in this category, instead I flew to Naples, FL.... to help my Dad and Mom...

so.. how about tellin us a bit about grillin..

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

I wanted to compete last year in this category, instead I flew to Naples, FL.... to help my Dad and Mom...

so.. how about tellin us a bit about grillin..

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

The Summer Sizzler is a NEBS event where the categories change from year to year. Last year, the categories were lamb, fish, beef steak, and chef's choice featuring a Harpoon Beer.

The rules for garnish have typically been standard KCBS for all categories, except chef's choice which is open. I am generalizing of course, as there are specific rules and aspects that differ from the KCBS contest the day before, but that about sums it up.

In short, its a heluva lotta fun. And after the KCBS from the day before, I am always amazed how quickly you loose track of time. It goes super quick.

I sent an announcement to my team that we were accepted, and got HAMMERED about what the Summer Sizzler categories are for this year. Everyone is excited, and wants to start trying recipes and practicing.

I sent an announcement to my team that we were accepted, and got HAMMERED about what the Summer Sizzler categories are for this year. Everyone is excited, and wants to start trying recipes and practicing.

I'm pretty sure its going to be same as last year.

I'm pretty sure its going to be same as last year.

That surpises me. Part of what I thought made the Summer Sizzler so special, was that it gets switched up every year.

I would guess we'll be getting an email soon requesting the official entry form and fee, as well as an outline of the event. We'll have to sit tight and see.

Back