THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
Just got back from 2 weeks vacation in France.
We took a joy stove, WGA and some cast iron with us.
Weather was great, we had a really good time and did some nice outdoor cooking.

We took a hunk of lephtover brisket with us and made chopped brisket tortillas on our 1st night in France.
Newly acquired skillet worked great on the joy stove.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Here are some more cooks:

Pulled chicken

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Sauteed mushrooms with lotsa garlic and a pork loin roast

09.jpg

10.jpg

Nice hunk of beef turned into pulled beef.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

We took this hot sauce with us and damn it is good!

17.jpg

Beef meatballs with fresh tomato sauce and pasta, tomatoes growing in the backyard were fantastic.
We used the lephtover broth/drippings from the pulled beef for this, great taste.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Found these bone in pork belly cuts and they begged to be smoked!!

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Limousin beef, one of the best breeds in France. Cast iron grate on the joy stove and grill that sucker!

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

And to finish, a nice chick.

32.jpg

33.jpg

I collect cool small grills - including the styles used by other regions / cultures.
Like the Thai charcoal stove (clay) and Yakatori styles - needless to say I'm overloaded on ways to cook at the beach or camp - and now, I must have one of those Joy grills - can't be as heat efficient as the clay pot style but then again it can get wet and won't rust (well maybe the charcoal grate) ! Interesting design - I gotta have one . I like the small "table top" types because I can get my charcoal grilling fix without loading up my large rigs - I can play with tiny fires and be happy on weekdays or traveling - again, that Joy looks like it loses heat and gets too hot so I can't set it on top of my truck lid :) Thanks for sharing, and also feeding my GAS (grill acquisition syndrome)

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

I collect cool small grills - including the styles used by other regions / cultures.
Like the Thai charcoal stove (clay) and Yakatori styles - needless to say I'm overloaded on ways to cook at the beach or camp - and now, I must have one of those Joy grills - can't be as heat efficient as the clay pot style but then again it can get wet and won't rust (well maybe the charcoal grate) ! Interesting design - I gotta have one . I like the small "table top" types because I can get my charcoal grilling fix without loading up my large rigs - I can play with tiny fires and be happy on weekdays or traveling - again, that Joy looks like it loses heat and gets too hot so I can't set it on top of my truck lid :) Thanks for sharing, and also feeding my GAS (grill acquisition syndrome)

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Thanks Bill and you're welcome.

I've cooked on one of those Thai clay grills, they work great.

The Joy Stove is very versatile, the top has rings that you can take off to accomodate different sizes of dutch ovens or skillets etc. Temp management is'nt the best but I love using it. They have plenty of accessories too. It will get hot and I actually put a metal plate under it when I was using it to avoid burning the wooden table it was sitting on.

Back