THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ali-G-Respect.jpg
FTFY :biggrin:

That all looks Great! I would need a grill guardian for the grill guardians. ;D

Nawwww, they appreciate the splendor of fire, and respect it a great deal. Plus I've got security cameras all over my house, and not those crap convenience market ones, the secret sort that people have to be pointed to and standing right up next to in order to see the hidey holes, and they come with audio! Ah yes, technology.

I'm pretty sure Photobucket deleted one of my damn pictures all on its own... it was there, and then it disappeared. Maybe I missed where knives couldn't be on the gallery or something, I am not sure. This confuses, and irritates me. Damn you Photobucket!

Many places do a pork gyro, sometimes called a "Greek Gyro"

I prefer the pork gyro over the sliced beef/lamb gyro.

Tzaziki is one of my favorite condiments of all time. love it. Very similar to the Indian yogurt sauce.

i've never seen pork gyros, mostly, beef, lamb, or chicken.

Never tried a chicken gyro, might have to give that a go. I've tried beef ones at the Greek place we went to, and they weren't bad, but I didn't really expect there to be a lot of beef back in the days when gyros first started taking off out there in Greece and whatnot, so I started doing some reading.

What I read in a few different places, but didn't really take the time to back track to find out how authentic any of it was is that pork used to be the most popular meat choice for gyros, but then when the Turks started eating them they ate them exclusively with lamb because of pork being considered an unclean animal. The lamb started catching on more and more as time went by, and now a lamb gyro is what most consider the 'real deal.' I think both pork and lamb gyros are both delicious though.

Back