Guy Fieri "Knuckle Sandwich" Knives

MilitantSquatter

Just got my first cooking related Christmas gift from a family member...

Guy Fieri Knuckle Sandwich Series Knives - an 8" Chef and 6" Utility ...

http://www.ergochef.com/guyfieriknives/

Considering many Brethren have seen that I have used some of the dullest knives ever... this is a definite upgrade (yes... even beyond my Miracle Blade knives from two Christmas' ago) and maybe better than the Dexter knive I got at RD last year (that I surprisingly managed to maintain and keep sharp)..

• The blades are precision heat treated to 56RC to keep a great edge
• Patented ergonomic design is created to be an extension of your hand for natural comfort
• Made of high carbon German stainless steel (X50CrMoV15) for stain resistance
• Full tang and abbreviated bolster adds strength and balance
• Hollow ground ovals in blade promote less stick and smoother cuts

Last edited:
Interesting design! Let us know what you think after you have used them for a while.

The handle on th chef's knive has a pulverizer/tenderizer knurling on the end for crushing garlic, meat tenderizing... (see pic below)

Ronelle - You won't want my opinion though...

My old chef's knives doubled as a fly swatter at summer comps... Several Brethen saw me slay several bees flying around after I trimmed my ribs..

I also thought the flexible fruit paring knive from the Chef Tony Miracle Blade was the best knive to trim briskets ever.. ( I still stand by that)...

:icon_blush:

Last edited:
Ron, a few years ago, a chef friend of mine asked me to demo some knives that had an almost idetical handle setup, minus the flashy colors, for a dealer that was thinking of bringing this handle design to market. I found the handles to be quite comfortable, since I use a grip that puts the first two fingers over the blade and the other three around the handle just behind the guard. I felt it gave me a better angle for leverage and control while doing many different cutting jobs. Vinny, I hope you find them to be the same. By comparison, I consider the Alton Angle series from Shun to be a huge miss for me.

Keep your head back when using the tenderizer!

Vinny: "Hey guys check this out...."

911: "This is 911 Emergency how can I help you?"

Vinny's Friends: " ***audible laughing**** Uh yea my friend has a knife sticking out of his forehead"

Those are kind of flashy for you Vinny!

Ray... I thought you saw my new Oakley progressive eye/sunglasses where you were in NY ... maybe I had them off when I was cooking...

they match these knives with the red and black trim !!! How farking sad is that !!!

Matching knives and glasses perhaps... but I think we both agree I'm not ready to dare to pull off the cool chef's jacket with flames like you have...

Last edited:
My old chef's knives doubled as a fly swatter at summer comps... Several Brethen saw me slay several bees flying around after I trimmed my ribs..

Maybe with the new knife you'll be able to fillet them in mid air! Now THAT would be impressive!

Those knives look like they were licensed by the Houston Texans. Is that going to fly up in Giants country?

Back