Guess that Cut.......Pron........Live Action

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Can you guess What the Smitty is Smoking? At 300*ish......

null_zps216c6cdd.jpg

Your part way there Ron - my first brisket flat under that Bacon.....

Oh and Lighter Fluid Nazis I DID use lighter fluid to start my Charcoal Chimney :shock:

brisket flat under the bacon, beef short ribs on the left, and I'm not sure what the top right one is but kind of looks like a chuck steak.

brisket flat under the bacon, beef short ribs on the left, and I'm not sure what the top right one is but kind of looks like a chuck steak.

Ding Ding Ding - Two plates of Beef Short Ribs and a Brisket Flat - my first time for either so one plate of ribs got same Rub as Brisket and the other got A Steak Rub ---- Hope these turn out good cuz this cook is costing more than double $ what a typical 15 lb packer cook costs.......:doh:

Ill post pics thru the cook and end results tonite.

Go Cowboys!

Beef ribs are worth the money! Lately I have been biting the bullet and buying them because they are so friggin awesome. I think I have the feel now for when they are truely done and I found out I like rub I use on briskets on the short ribs the best.

I have 4 short rib plates waiting in the fridge for me for this friday.

mmmm looks good... That'll be tastier than the hot dogs i have on.:sad: LOL, at least i have a rib eye dethawing for dinner.

You've ruined them! Bacon doesn't go with brisket at all!

:shock:

nice grate full of meat you got there

How do you feel about the meat pushed together in the middle like that? I have always thought it was better to have air movement around each chunk of meat.

4 hrs 15 min at 4 and ribs probe really really tender , brisket flat not at all -- will probe again in 1 hr............(It of flat at 204*)

Back