Grilled cheese-bacon burger

i like the idea but it didnt seem like that much bread overpowered everything else?

Not really. I could taste all the elements.

I made the patty as big in diameter as i could. Next time id go 3/4 lbs patty, still thin and bigger diameter. I would also up the bacon beyond 4 pieces. Still though it was delicious.

The lettuce and tomato was key to the balance. Combined with the bacon on the toasted bread from the grilled cheese it really gave the sandwich a BLT flavor that brought the concept together

Looks way tasty Steve....you got me thinking of making a brisket grilled cheese tonight now.

Edit: Yep sliced point in the middle of some grilled cheddar cheese sammie is a good little snack! :thumb:

I love putting a little bit of meat in my grilled cheese. Ham is the standard but brisket sounds like a great idea.

I love brisket repurposed into other dishes. Chopped brisket with cream cheese makes a kiler abt filling.

Thanks fellas for the replies. I like making funky burgers. Next up will be the deli burger. Its a hamburger topped with a reuben sandwich

lol we have a bar on the river that makes burgers using grilled cheese sandwiches like that, and they are good!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0AgXYhjEMQ"]Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger - YouTube[/ame]

I knew iv seen something like this before, looks killer!

Every year on my birth day I make the Bludawg Special double decker: 1 lb beef 1 lb of bacon hatch chilies and chipoltte baconaise server on3 bacon grilled cheese samiches.
DSCF0137Modified.jpg

Back