Wagyu Double Delight Smash burger!

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Andrew
So its been awhile since I've entered a Throwdown, but when I saw the Ultimate Cheeseburger TD, I knew I had to enter. I've been practicing my Smash Burgers in my less than a year old Blackstone. I'm enjoying the results so far.
Here's this cook! I don't have pictures but the night before, I made some "easy" garlic aioli with mayo, minced garlic and fresh lemon juice. You have to make this ahead of time to let the flavors develop.

I found some Wagyu ground beef at Sam's. This stuff makes the best burgers!
IIv6zMP.jpg

I decided I wanted to do a slight spin on a mushroom swiss burger. What I came up with was a double decker caramelized onion and colby jack (bottom) and mushroom swiss (top) burger. I separated the beef into 4 oz portions and seasoned with Pit Barrel Cooker Beef and Game seasoning. I seasoned the mushrooms and onions with salt, pepper, and garlic. Here's a could pics of the setup.
MeUntsL.jpg

bMrSCWO.jpg

The mushrooms and onions getting ready for the party.
diA8U1A.jpg

Once the mushrooms and onions were ready it was time to get the patties going.
ukdbfk1.jpg

Got a good crust on one side so I flipped them and added the onions and mushrooms for the layers. As you can see, I had some escapees...:becky:
ywPWWS3.jpg

Then the cheese!
NA0sE4p.jpg

While the cheese was getting melty, I threw some butter on the griddle and grilled the buns.
KeBVM6t.jpg

Then it was time to assemble the burgers. Garlic aioli on top and bottom bun. Then the bottom patty - caramelized onion/colby jack cheese, followed by the top patty - mushroom swiss! Nothing else went on the burger. They were perfect just like that! Here are a few pictures of the finished product.
1mPzDmq.jpg

GRETxa6.jpg

D8GRXVT.jpg

7zgOrz1.jpg

These burgers were delicious! Do yourself a favor, get some Wagyu ground beef and make some smash burgers. You're welcome in advance! :becky:

Hope you enjoyed the cook and don't forget to vote in the TD!

Awesome looking burgers. How does the wagyu beef taste different in a burger?

Thanks Joedy!

I’ve never had Wagyu other than the ground stuff from Sam’s. But man it’s just more flavorful and juicy than regular ground beef in my opinion. I don’t season them much at all and they always taste great! I’ve been into smash burgers lately and that crust you get along with the Wagyu flavor...wow!

Back