THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian in So Cal

Babbling Farker
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I am looking to build a custom size Santa Maria style grill. I need info on how to make a grill lifter. The kind with the overhead bar and it uses a crank. I made one years ago but with time and old age I forgot how I did it.

Or possibly where I could get a Santa Maria style grill. I need one to add to my trailer for a job I am doing.

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:
"You must have never seen my signature"

So that is what custom rig by Santa maria outfitters means:-D

Can you buy directly from them? I see a distributors button. No pricing either on there site.

Thanks,

Hope to catch up with you one of these days

Last edited:
You can buy directly from them or go to Costco in Goleta or Oxanrd they had them the last time I checked. Just call Dave and tell him i sent you or better yet I will take you to their shop in Santa Maria. Call me, phone # is on my website. Road Trip or come look at mine and you will get the idea, chit your handy!:biggrin:

Thanks Big Brother Smoke.

Country Can you send me a picture of your baffle on your vertical smoker?

Uhhh...did someone leave me a vertical smoker in my yard and not tell me?? Last I checked I didn't own a vertical smoker, just the double-barrel you saw and a New Braunfels off-set (horizontal).
And no, a leak is not a reason for a road trip. It's a by-product of a road trip! Rookie!

Uhhh...did someone leave me a vertical smoker in my yard and not tell me?? Last I checked I didn't own a vertical smoker, just the double-barrel you saw and a New Braunfels off-set (horizontal).
And no, a leak is not a reason for a road trip. It's a by-product of a road trip! Rookie!

OOPs I meant Horizontal. You had mentioned at the backyard bash that you had installed a baffle in yours when you saw mine. Can you post or send pic of it?

Brian I have pics of a Santa Maria grill a guy made using 1/2 of a 55 gallon drum. Will see if i can locate it when I get to work tomorrow evening.

Back