Greetings From Northern Florida

Flaken

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
ken
As one can derive from my name, I'm in northern FLoridA and my name is Ken.

Been smoking and barbecuing for many years. Sad to say, but had to get rid of the real old New Braunfels barrel smoker when I became homeless in 2012. Things are much better now since I've moved halfway across the country and have my own place again, only took 3 years on the streets. Slowly replacing some of the items that were a tad difficult to keep with me on that journey.
Currently I have an Oklahoma Joe Highland barrel type smoker that I fabricated a stainless steel tuning plate for, along with minor other things. That solved one of the main problems with the NB smoker, which was hot spots and heat distribution in the cooking chamber.
What brought me to this site was the recipes since I make all my own meals from scratch. That, and I enjoy attempting to duplicate various sauces & mops for my own use and to share with others.

Inspirational mate, very happy to have you here as one of us.
Welcome and enjoy your time.

Welcome to the forum Ken, glad to hear things are working out for you. Looking forward to seeing some of your upcoming cooks.

Welocme to the asylum!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post.

Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don't forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Back