Greetings from north of the border

Don C

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Don C
Thanks for allowing me to join the group. My name is Don. I am semi retired from the IT industry. I live in a small, former fishing village on the east coast of Canada. I am a lover of hockey, cars, water sports, and common decency.

And by the looks of this group, I would be considered a rookie when it comes to bbq.

I found you guys when I was looking for some thoughts on what type of grill to buy. Up to now, I have never put much thought into what brand to buy, what features to get, etc. I just bought whatever was on sale and looked decent. The one thing I did usually look for was a cast aluminium lid as an indication of quality, but that didn't always work out.

In my searching, I found places like AmazingRibs.com, and started to get excited about upping my very amateur grilling game a bit by getting a decent entry-level grill and trying some new things. I am pescetarian, but everyone else in my house still enjoys a good steak or burger. Since I am in the resident bbq-er, I am hoping to learn some things and expand my BBQ-IQ through this forum.

Thanks again for allowing me to join your forum!

Don

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Don from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Don, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back