Greetings From New Jersey

MACKtheKNIFE

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hello All,
Found this site when I was researching pellet grills. I instantly got drawn in to the site. It's nice seeing a large group of like-minded folks talking about what they love under one roof.

I've been cooking on my Meadow Creek TS120 (go big or go home, right?) for about 5 years now. It's all I use these days. I don't do much competition cooking but I do like turning out large quantities of great BBQ for a bunch of family and friends...which seem to come out of the woodwork when that blue smoke starts rising. I also allow local charities to auction off my BBQ skills for up to 100 people - with bourbon and beer pairings, of course - once or twice a year.

I still love the TS120 but was looking for something a little more "set it and forget" for those long brisket cooks in the cold winters in NJ... and something for smaller cooks. It's a task to get that TS120 up to temp in 30 degree weather. I finally settled on the Yoder YS1500 (because of what I read about it on BBQ Brethren). It's due to ship the week of November 7 and I am busting with anticipation. I put a picture of the thing as my desktop picture. I have also read every thread on here that relates to the Yoder pellet grills.

I'm hoping this grill is everything I'm expecting it to be. I'll be posting pics of the new grill when it arrives and will provide updates from seasoning it to the first cook. There's been a lot of talk of what the first real cook will consist of. Think I'm down to a brisket, two butts and as many babybacks I can fit on after that.

Cheers, the somewhat verbose at times, Mack :biggrin1:

Mack, welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az. Congrats on the new Yoder,

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Thanks for all of the nice greetings. Feeling at home already.

@BBQ_Mafia, I was born and bred in Jersey City. Practically neighbors. Went to HS in WNY, St. Joes.

@bfreeland38, have a lot of buddies from the Ladue area outside of STL.

Welcome aboard Mack, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

I agree, piratically neighbors!
I went to St. Peter's College in Jersey City. WNY is just up the street.

It's a small world.

Looking forward to reading about your cooks.

Thanks for all of the nice greetings. Feeling at home already.

@BBQ_Mafia, I was born and bred in Jersey City. Practically neighbors. Went to HS in WNY, St. Joes.

@bfreeland38, have a lot of buddies from the Ladue area outside of STL.

Back