Green Grilling

I'm a semi-green guy myself (clean air/water, concerned about global warming etc.), but my #1 problem with that sort of stuff is how narrow minded people are when it comes to reality.

Take an ordinary person and give them a hybrid vehicle and they suddenly think they are living the epitome of the green lifestyle. Some of those people will look down on everyone else, bitching about how awful they are. Not only is this hypocritical as anyone who doesn't live in a cave somewhere is damaging the planet to some degree, but it doesn't take into account the whole picture.

Oh, so you drive a hybrid civic and I drive a large car/SUV whatever. So, how much DO you drive overall? How big is your home? Do you fly long distances for vacations? What temp do you keep your thermostat set to? All of those things go into the total picture. Somebody who drives a 69 charger and get's 4 miles to the gallon might have a lower impact that some guy who drives a prius 40miles to work each morning and owns a large house.

Backyard grilling is a drop in the bucket by any measure. :icon_pissed

/rant

They did a poor job of tying in Earth Day and the Thursday food section. I wouldn't read more into it than that. As few folks as are left there (and how thin the paper's become), I'm not surprised.

A few weeks ago they lauded someone for building an Earthcraft-certified house (local green building program) at 7,500 sq ft or so. Kinda ridiculous.

Back