Green Egg prices

I do agree on the warranty issue though. If you buy it new tuck away that receipt because no receipt no warranty

If you are hanging out in this forum, then you know (or at least want to know) how to cook stuff right and then maybe cook for others. If that statement is correct, then you aren't leaving yourself a whole lot of grate space with the "medium" Egg.

Final thoughts... If you are just looking for a great deal, then offer final him at $325. Otherwise, save up for something like a Primo XL. I have no stake in Primo, but I think it is more versatile than the BGE. The quality of the food on either is the same..

Good luck!

You'll be glad you did. For a couple hundred bucks more you'll have a lifetime warranty on ceramics. It's not if the egg will crack but when the egg will crack. The warranty is everything.

Correct,I have had several replacements covered under warranty. Not "if" but when.BGE's are gonna crack if you put them through the paces.Good cookers but remember folks," relax",it is only a versatile cooker.Not a "Holy Grail".

If you are hanging out in this forum, then you know (or at least want to know) how to cook stuff right and then maybe cook for others. If that statement is correct, then you aren't leaving yourself a whole lot of grate space with the "medium" Egg.

Final thoughts... If you are just looking for a great deal, then offer final him at $325. Otherwise, save up for something like a Primo XL. I have no stake in Primo, but I think it is more versatile than the BGE. The quality of the food on either is the same..

Good luck!

They had it listed for $500 initially and came down to $400. $300 was my mak it break it point. Money isn't an issue, I'm just looking to get a really good deal. I don't see them for sale often around here. I'm just going to hold out for the deal I want though, maybe I end up with a L size to add to my collection.

I've had several eggs that I take to very high temps and have never had a crack on anything except the fire ring inside. Are you in really cold climate?

I'm in Minnesota. I wish there was a rhyme or reason to them cracking. I cook in weather between -25 to 100+ degrees. The egg anywhere from 250 to 1,000+ degrees. I put my egg through its paces. I haven't used my home oven in over 6 years. Everything goes into the egg. With all that said I'm still on my original base 8 years later. (Which is usually one of the first pieces of ceramic to crack)

My dome had a few small chips that popped off on the inside. It's still 100% functional. The only "real" cracks are my fire grate and my fire box. Not bad for 8 years in Minnesota. That doesn't mean something won't crack tomorrow. I've been a member on a BGE forum for as long as I've owned my BGE. I've seen people's bases crack all over the country. Hot, cold, wet, dry, humid, and snowy. They end up cracking just about anywhere in the country. Some crack at 200 degress and others at 1,000 degrees. I wish there was some secret formula to BGE that helped prevent cracks.

The best formula might be is preparing yourself it's going to crack. I'm honestly shocked I've gone 8 years on the same base. (Knock on wood) I know one guy down in Georgia that is on his 3rd BGE base under warranty. Knowing my luck I'll probably fire up my egg tonight and find a big crack in my base! :tape:

I really just like having new things and having 2 komados seems like a good idea to me

I really love this!

Sounds like you may not need a nudge, but here's one, just in case you do.

It's good to have two cookers going at once. Can do different temps, etc.

Also, you'd have a smaller cooker, which would be more efficient for smaller cooks.

Either way, good luck!

I really love this!

Sounds like you may not need a nudge, but here's one, just in case you do.

It's good to have two cookers going at once. Can do different temps, etc.

Also, you'd have a smaller cooker, which would be more efficient for smaller cooks.

Either way, good luck!

Agreed! Expressed my sentiments exactly :mrgreen:

I think I might go pick this up today now!

https://albany.craigslist.org/app/d/ceramic-grill-smoker/6499852938.html

I THINK this is an incredible deal.

Wow. The table itself is probably $400 :shock:

It's been my experience that bringing a Kamado too quickly up to temp seems to help cause cracking. If it has been sitting a while, it will also attract some moisture, at least in my climate. This tidbit of info brought to everyone free of charge, from someone who is owned by four Kamados.:shock:

It's been my experience that bringing a Kamado too quickly up to temp seems to help cause cracking. If it has been sitting a while, it will also attract some moisture, at least in my climate. This tidbit of info brought to everyone free of charge, from someone who is owned by four Kamados.:shock:

Thanks! I ended up getting the Primo XL the curve table, the divider and extension racks and some other stuff with it for $400. Very good deal. Haven't used it yet but excited to start.

I absolutely love my Green Egg. However, I do not think you will like the medium size. I have a large, which most people buy. I like the idea of looking for a used one. There are Egg events probably in your area, where people grill on the egg and then the store sells at a huge discount. You can also go to a store that sells Green Eggs. Quite often people trade in there eggs for a bigger one or buy a different grill and ask them to get rid of it. Ask a manager to call you if this happens. I think you would be surprised how often this happens. Good way to save money.
Todd

Back