Contest Results Great Pork BarbeQlossal

We got 3 calls, but our best one (5th in whole hog) wasn't part of the GC. We missed a shoulder call, but being that category has generally treated us well, we were thinking we had an outside chance at 4th, maybe 3rd at best.

We're happy as pigs in chit finishing 8th among that field. You couldn't hardly go 2-3 booths without a team having their own restaurant, rub, sauce or something bbq related available in retail outlets.

Overall:
1 Big T'z Q Cru
2 Pork Pullin' Plowboys
3 Ribs 4 U
4 A Boy & His BBQ
5 The Slabs.Com
6 Jumpin' Jim's BBQ
7 Smokin' Triggers
8 Boondoggle BBQ
9 4 Mile Smokin' Crew
10 Twyford BBQ & Catering
11 Pellet Envy
12 Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
13 Feeding Frenzy BBQ
14 The Heat Is On
15 Boyle's Famous Corned Be
16 Quau
17 Tick Ridge Smokers
18 Flower of the Flames
19 Four Men and A Pig
20 Jack's Old South
21 Rock River BBQ
22 Florida Skin And Bones
23 Iowa Outlaws BBQ
24 Farmboy BBQ
25 Ponderosa BBQ
26 Rollin Smoke BBQ Team
27 Smokehouse 72
28 Holy & Oly's BBQ
29 Pair o'Dachs BBQ & Brews
30 Big Bubba's Roadhouse BB
31 Tippycanoe BBQ Crew
32 Slappy Blues Bar-B-Q
33 Spanky and the Meat Mafi
34 Buster Dog BBQ
35 Grumpy Old Farts BBQ
36 Big Butts BBQ
37 Smokers Purgatory
38 Smok'n Buddies
39 All in BBQ
40 Harley's Fencing Crew
41 P.D.T.
42 Smokers Wild
43 Gopher State BBQ
44 Meadow Valley BBQ
45 Tex's Style
46 Urban Q Boys
47 Smokey D's Wannabee's
48 Woody's Smoke Shack
49 If You've Got'Em Smoke'E
50 Smokin' Chrome
51 Uncle Wendell's BBQ
52 Harder Beer B Q
53 Smoking with Scraps
54 Pugnacious Porkers
55 Trailer Smokers
56 Iowa Hawgeyes
57 Swine Infirenza
58 Claxon's Pig Daddy's
59 Pork County Barbeque

Ribs:
1 Grumpy Old Farts BBQ
2 Twyford BBQ & Catering
3 The Slabs.Com
4 Pellet Envy
5 Four Men and A Pig
6 Urban Q Boys
7 Florida Skin And Bones
8 Boondoggle BBQ
9 Flower of the Flames
10 Feeding Frenzy BBQ

Pork:
1 Farmboy BBQ
2 Rock River BBQ
3 Big T'z Q Cru
4 4 Mile Smokin' Crew
5 Pork Pullin' Plowboys
6 Tick Ridge Smokers
7 Smokers Purgatory
8 Rollin Smoke BBQ Team
9 Smokers Wild
10 Big Bubba's Roadhouse BB

Pork Loin
1 A Boy & His BBQ
2 Smokin' Triggers
3 Ribs 4 U
4 Jumpin' Jim's BBQ
5 Big T'z Q Cru
6 Twyford BBQ & Catering
7 Pork Pullin' Plowboys
8 Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
9 Boondoggle BBQ
10 The Slabs.Com

Whole Hog
1 Twyford BBQ & Catering
2 Rollin Smoke BBQ Team
3 Pork Puillin' Plowboys
4 Flower of the Flames
5 Boondoggle BBQ
6 4 Mile Smokin' Crew
7 TheSlabs.Com
8 Smokehouse 72

9 Woody's Smoke Shack
10 Holy & Oly's BBQ

Some even make deliveries to your tent at 3am.

BTW, your brother "threw it down" for Blue Springs contest. Since that is my hometown contest, I'm going to have to proceed to whoop yo arse!

It is too bad... Don was the Boondizzle Boy I actually liked. :biggrin:

Congrats to all of you guys!! It was a great weekend and great contest. Nice to meet the Boondoggle boys, Jorge, Mike (thenewguy) and to see some other familiar brethren faces! I am sorry I didn't meet Ryan...congrats man that look on your face was priceless!!

Last edited:
Congrats to all of the winners. Hope the wet weekend didn't discourage anyone.

Wife and I got delayed and came down about 1 Saturday afternoon. Neither had been to a comp before, so weren't quite sure of when to go. Figured if we went too early, we wouldn't get to talk to many of you as you were prepping for the dash to the finish line. Most were breaking down by the time we got there, so we just walked and looked and snagged a few samples.

I've worked with Boy Scouts, and after a wet weekend, you don't always want to talk, you just want to get packed and on the road.

Wife has new interest in my UDS plans. Thanks to everyone. Hope you enjoyed the city I call home.

Chris

btw-Joe and Ray, we will definitely be getting a trailer now, now I just have to start the long process of figuring out which one. :wink:

Good luck with the hunt, thats part of the fun:-D
Anything will be an improvement over the back of the truck:mrgreen:

Congrats to everyone but especially to Todd and Ryan! Great job guys! Also to the Rev for first place in whole hog!

What a week! It's always good to see friends again and make some new ones.

Ploboy Todd is being humble! Todd and Randy served 2300 in three days, with a combined serving time of 8 hours using two lines that we're probably a 1/2 mile from their trailers.

Then there was the Big Green Egg Scramble that was won by....Plowboy and Diva. They decided what to cook about 2 hrs. before the event, and beat some very good cooks!

Randy and his son, Brandon, did the hog prep and the results speak for themselves!

Congrats to everyone that got calls, and thanks to everyone that made it such a great weekend!

I have never been in a contest but could you help me out with this question, do you win over all because you place the most? Thanks. Pat

Most total points. For this comp, it was most points in ribs, pork shoulder and loin. The whole hog was an extra category.

What a week! It's always good to see friends again and make some new ones.

Ploboy Todd is being humble! Todd and Randy served 2300 in three days, with a combined serving time of 8 hours using two lines that we're probably a 1/2 mile from their trailers.

Then there was the Big Green Egg Scramble that was won by....Plowboy and Diva. They decided what to cook about 2 hrs. before the event, and beat some very good cooks!

Randy and his son, Brandon, did the hog prep and the results speak for themselves!

Congrats to everyone that got calls, and thanks to everyone that made it such a great weekend!

One of those teams was us! That was a lot of fun, although leading up to it we were probably more nervous than we have been in a long time. We cooked some pretty good food, but it wasn't enough to beat Diva and Todd! As soon as I saw their turn-in plates with an ice cold bottle of Corona in the middle of them, I knew they were going to win!:wink:

One of those teams was us! That was a lot of fun, although leading up to it we were probably more nervous than we have been in a long time. We cooked some pretty good food, but it wasn't enough to beat Diva and Todd! As soon as I saw their turn-in plates with an ice cold bottle of Corona in the middle of them, I knew they were going to win!:wink:

The real secret was that we had Girl Power. :wink: Steph was the only woman cooking in the Scramble. :icon_clown

Todd and Step you guys need to take those pictiures and send them to Corona. I heard a commercial on the radio this morning about some deck contest they are having. Its an $8000 deck for you house paid for by Corona. Its based on creativity and seeing those pics they look creative.

Jon

Sorry this is late coming! Want to thank all the Brethern I had a chance to meet at the Q"lossal! Ryan and I are still a little shell shocked! I feel very humbled and grateful for the accolades and support that was extended to us! Ryan has had to work very hard, since I'm still recovering from hip surgery! I'm getting stronger every comp. and will be able to pull more of my weight soon ! Thanks again! See ya round the Q !!! Terry "Big Tz":grin:

Back