Great Bethpage BBQ, Bethpage, NY - 5/15/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone needs help, let me know. (non-disclosure agreements will be signed in blood)
But I am in for cooking chili on my own please. :wink:

im probably in.. have a fundraiser to cook for earlier in the week which may make it difficult.

We might judge we have a class on that saturday 14 in norwork ct so it would be cool to judge right away.

No guaranteed prize pool?? from the website:

All fees will be returned in the form of payouts and potential trophies or will be used to cover event expenses (water for judges, plates, napkins, crackers, etc.). There will be no profit made from this event.

So basically lets say 10 teams show up . the total prize pool is $2000 less expenses.Depending on how its broken down (lets say payouts 1-5 each cat) the way i see it i gotta win 1st in all 4 categories and GC to break even? Not very comforting. As Muzzle would say, Shake n Bake

All fees will be returned in the form of payouts and potential trophies or will be used to cover event expenses (water for judges, plates, napkins, crackers, etc.). There will be no profit made from this event.

So basically lets say 10 teams show up . the total prize pool is $2000 less expenses.Depending on how its broken down (lets say payouts 1-5 each cat) the way i see it i gotta win 1st in all 4 categories and GC to break even? Not very comforting. As Muzzle would say, Shake n Bake

OK, so are you in?

You would hope that this contest can get 20 teams. So thats 4k. Say $250 in expenses. leaves $3750. Lets say $1500 to Grand Champion and $750 to RGC. leaves $1500. I would think you only pay out top 3 in each category. $250 for 1st, $150 for 2nd and $100 for 3rd.

You would hope that this contest can get 20 teams. So thats 4k. Say $250 in expenses. leaves $3750. Lets say $1500 to Grand Champion and $750 to RGC. leaves $1500. I would think you only pay out top 3 in each category. $250 for 1st, $150 for 2nd and $100 for 3rd.
I never base my investment on "hope"

How many contests have you broke even at?

I guess its better not to have any new events, and only have Arlie Bragg, Ron Cates, and big event companies handle them, instead of someone stepping up and trying to put something together. Congress should then pass the law, no more first year contests, unless the organizer has done one before. :thumb:

So when are you and Muzzle gonna put together a contest. ?

I guess its better not to have any new events, and only have Arlie Bragg, Ron Cates, and big event companies handle them, instead of someone stepping up and trying to put something together. Congress should then pass the law, no more first year contests, unless the organizer has done one before. :thumb:

This weekend, my back yard, no entry fee no payout but it is a state qualifier!

Actually a few. even made a few dollars

I dont know those guys nor i have i ever been to one their events. Nothing wrong with first year events. Just inquiring. LI guys sure are sensitive.

What would be the need? Plenty of well orgainized contest with a short driving disgtance (although crossing a bridge or ferry would be required :rolleyes:) That are sanctioned by established organiztions as well guaranteed prize pools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back