Grand Champion!!

Job done.

of6mqd.jpg

Great looking team. Is that you holding the check and certificate? Please introduce your team to us. Love the family aspect of your team.

I'm bringing some better rib skills to the next event and more detail work on my boxes. The brisket was beautiful but I didn't trim it well enough to fit the box correctly. I suspect we did well with scoring using Big Mistas video as a training tool but the presentation may have let us down.

I take full responsibility for that.

of6mqd.jpg

Front row L to R - My son, wife (Rib girl). ME, my daughter.
Back- Mark and Cliff, my son's friend Mark.

The kids worked over the boxes, made runs for fresh water, ran the food to the judges and even pulled the pork!! I love that they were involved. We only just got the desert in on time, it was originally due in at 3:30 but was changed to 3:00 at the meeting.

Thanks everyone. I need to get a Brethren banner sorted out so they can all fear the pig baby.

The Brethren were there with us for the ride I tell ya. I had a notepad full of tips from you and a green canvas bag full of wood that has been sent to me from you cats. :cool:

2ajnhpt.jpg

Notepad at bottom of photo. :)
2lbhr80.jpg

Congrats to Dr KY who managed to win the 1st ever British BBQ Championships... well done my friend!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Way to go Doc, it was a really great weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job Dr KY and Company!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
We would expect no less from one of our Bretheren especially since we all know that the british are famous for boiling their meat!:biggrin:
I am certain the competition was a little harder than trying to beat boiled ribs but that never expected call to make the walk must have made you proud and you had better have had your strut groovin'!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks everyone. I need to get a Brethren banner sorted out so they can all fear the pig baby.

You got that right Bro. Make sure you tell the Banner Guy that you have a GC so you can get the swords. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Back