THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

headed up to one in Minnesota this month, gald to know it is a good learning experience

I would be curious to know what number they are at, if you don't mind would you post an idea of where they are at? Wonder how many CBJ's are still alive?

We were told we would receive our numbers in a few weeks with our name tags. As soon as I get it, I will adjust my signature below.

I got my packet from the KCBS today.
Sweet, a neat looking certificate making it "official".
I added my number to my signature.

Congrats Puppyboy!

I am hoping to attend the judging class that is being held in Hermann, MO Aug. 23rd when I go to pick up my new Spicewine and make it a big BBQ Pilgramage!!:p

Wow! Almost 22K now, I got mine in Oct 2003 at the Royal. 17K in 4 years...I would say our "Hobbie" is taking off with regards to Judging. Wonder how many more teams there are in that 4 year period. I have no idea how many there were in 2003.

I know when I started competing in the Spring of 2003 in CA., a big event was 15 teams. Now they tell me in 2000-2002 they had 25-35 teams that would compete, but they must have been scared when I started! :wink: But for the 1st 2 years I competed, I was never able to find an event in CA that hit 20. Then Modesto 2004 had 25 teams and it seems like we have taken off from there...been getting more teams and thank goodness many more contest in CA. I think 12 this year! Lets see...Autry, Modesto, Victorville, San Jose, Thousand Oaks, Fairfield, Imperial Beach, Clovis and Veijas are all KCBS. We have Stagecoach, Silent Valley and maybe one more event in November that will be IBCA, so we are steeping up in the BBQ landscape! 13 if you throw in Boulder City, NV which is only 4 hours from LA.

Congrats! Hopefully I should be receiving a packet from the KCBS soon, I took the class in mid April!

Brian

no the judge number are up over 20K as the organizers of the Westmont IL contest all got certified and their numbers were in the 21K range

Back