THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The turkey roasting bags work fine in any container that will fit in the fridge. By using the roasting bag you do not have to worry about food grade container.

I'm with Harley, use a 5 gal bucket and I put the whole thing in the beer fridge. Works great for marinating the larger cooks like turkey and brisket. Bags for chicken here.

I like the 5 gallon water cooler from Igloo or Rubbermaid. I put a roasting bag in the cooler, add the bird(s) and the brine, twist tie the bag after squeezing out all of the air, then putting a bag of ice on top of the roasting bag and put the lid on the cooler. By using the bags you have zero clean-up. If your poultry is cold when you start this your ice will last for up to 2 days.

It would work fine. I would get those 2 gallon ziploc bags, or something appropriate for the size of the bird, then you could just pack ice around it to keep it at a proper temperature. When you are done you won't have much clean up to do. :)

I have to agree, the 2 gallon ziplocs are great for brining or marinating, though i'm not sure they would be big enough for a turkey. The 28 qt cooler should work well also.

I use ziplocks for small stuff...I also have 5gal and 10 gal stain
ess brew pots leftover from my homebrew days for the big stuff. I have also used my Igloo cooler...

I have a 30 qt pot that came with the turkey fryer.
I have a spare beverage fridge that has the room for it.

Otherwise it would be too tall for normal shelf configuration in a fridge.

get a homer bucket from home depot with a lid. I use old ale pales left over from homebrewing. they work well and are cheap!

Back