THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well the saga continues after several days of negotiations with Logisitics company...

They have been working on my behalf (well kind of).. but they came back that they or actually the truck co. wanted to stick me with a $350 re-delivery fee to pay for the truck company to borrow a different truck that has a larger lift gate or to make two trucks come out so they can be put back to back to make a larger liftgate..

I kept telling the Logisitics company that I'm not paying an farkin' extra costs as it's not my fault everyone else farked up. They had the dimensions up front, the driver loaded it onto the first truck in IL and someone put it onto the second truck in NJ.. you should never load something on you can't get off.

Apparently, they had another driver look at the pit and the truck liftgate and he believes he can get it off with one truck.. So this driver is coming out tomorrow to deliver.

Here's the last e-mail response received after I questioned if the driver "thinks" or "knows" it can be done

" They are telling me it will work. They did not try to do it at the warehouse because they would have to take the BBQ pit down in the parking lot and they do not want to handle it any more than they have to. I understand where they are coming from. The driver is going to have straps to tie around it as he brings it down".

My father will be there for the pick up.. If it doesn't work (which is possible based on what I am reading above ) my dad will call a tow truck co. to bring a flatbed or I'll tell them they have to drive it another 20 minutes away to a location where I know I guy that has a forklift.

To be continued ...

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be a whole lot less trouble to just use this? :wink:

12526smokers.jpg

Sometimes old school is the best......

Now you got me itchin for one.
Will be waitng for the pics

Attachments

• image55.jpg
    image55.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 90
They got it off the truck and no additional charges !!!

Still shrinkwrapped in my driveway.. will start the cleanup & recuring in the next week or so.

Thanks for reading

The end...

Back