Contest Announcment GLBBQA 4th Annual Winter Thaw Out, Eagle, MI - 4/29&30, 2011

Ron_L

Administrator

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Captain Ron
The Great Lakes BBQ Association is holding the 4th Annual Winter Thaw Out and Practice Cook on April 29 & 30, 2011 at Eagle Park Fairgrounds in Eagle, MI. This event is sponsored by Lockhart's BBQ.

$1,000 in cash prizes.

Shake off the winter blues, tune up the pit, and join us for a fun Practice Cook. Arrive Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Turn in all 4 meats or compete with meats you can cook on Saturday. In any event, we will have judging on Saturday at the traditional turn in times and cash awards and prizes in all four categories, not to mention “Bragging Rights”!! Judging will conform to KCBS style rules even though it is an unsanctioned event.
One 50/50 Cash Raffle will be held to add to the fun!

A great big thank you to Eagle Park for their fantastic facilities!

The park will open on Friday afternoon and is equipped with restrooms, water (please bring your own water container), and trash receptacles. The park has requested all ash disposal be deposited in the concrete pit enclosure adjacent to the reception hall. Ash cans will not be provided please bring your own. Electricity is limited and is available on a first come/first served basis. The park is lighted.

The application is attached.

For those who are interested in judging, the judges application is also attached.

Attachments

• 2011_Cooks-Application.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 2011_Judges-Aplication.pdf
    48.4 KB · Views: 29
Bumping this up.

This is almost ready for a roll call thread!

Hoping to get some new local teams or maybe even some out of state teams come up and see what a great party the GLBBQA puts on! :thumb:

We are in and always have room for one more, maybe even a beverage! :cool:

The R.S.S. boys will be there.
Bull,
you really going to be able to make it, hope so!

Scott

6 more days, cant wait to get out and see all my BB family!

Anybody want to just come out and hang, i'll keep ya company! :thumb:

I wish it were closer. I think i owe you a reach-around!

Bubba will get in the car and drive closer for you Ron! Since you can't make it, I got some Nescafe' instant coffee packets for coffee in the morning!

Think we are up to 12 or more teams so far, going to be a good first cook of the year.

Scott

Last edited:
Would be great to see you there Roger, do you still have that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
truck to haul your bbq equip in?

Scott

Bubba will get in the car and drive closer for you Ron! Since you can't make it, I got some Nescafe' instant coffee packets for coffee in the morning!

Think we are up to 12 or more teams so far, going to be a good first cook of the year.

Scott

Saved a bag of Roastin Ronnies Sunrise Blend for Sat am. :thumb:

I am all out of Ron's coffee so Folgers is all I have left for Eagle.

Maybe if we order enough coffee Ron will make the trip. :)

Wish we could make it this year but it isn't in the cards.

The truck is making (we hope) its last comp run down to Liberty, IN.

Bull, do me a favor and give Bubba a reach around for me. I'll owe ya one.

Have fun gang!!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Are you refering to the one that I am bulding the 15ft.by 7 ft. stainless steel kitchen in??? Yes and we are finishing all the trim insside the truck.

Would be great to see you there Roger, do you still have that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
truck to haul your bbq equip in?

Scott

Back