Gift ideas to enhance the FIL's electric smoking experience

The tray goes into side of smoker and can be pulled and reloaded without opening smoker.
Yeah, his can only be accessed with the door open, so it sounds like you guys have the digital model and my FIL has the analog model.

Just buy him the Old Style Digital Model for $177 on Amazon and a small fan and drill out his chip tray holes ...... :mrgreen:

Make him a UDS (then you can use it when you are there). :-D
lol...I think he would actually enjoy one, but his wife is another story. I think she was really the reason behind the electric smoker and he WANTS to like it since they are pretty frugal and they spend money on it, so I am trying to think of ways to make it work better for him instead of giving a gift that suggests he scrap it :wink: I have thought about building him a mini WSM, but that sends the same message.

I have called Todd twice and never got a reply.(two different days).
Even called his cell phone (2) to no avail.
I gave up.

That's too bad because something like a mini and the electric are good for two entirely different purposes... one is good for things like jerky and home made sausage and the other is a grill/smoker. ..better for steaks, chicken etc...etc...

It shouldn't be one or the other...it sounds like she needs educated.

get him an AMNPS and a few bags of pellets

$50

I used one with my Bradley, lots of guys use them with wattburrners

I sold my Bradley so its gathering dust now

It shouldn't be one or the other...it sounds like she needs educated.
She is the type of person that is right, no matter her knowledge of the subject. She is happy with her ribs cooked on the gasser and the oven with the use of liquid smoke in a marinade. She has a fear of unlit charcoal and likely was a contributing factor to him never using the minion method on the ECB, despite me telling him that was the way to go with that cooker, even if using natural lump.

She has never complained about the food I cook my way, but I think she sold him on the electric for the above reasons.

Any other commercially available products that I could consider to improve his use of this guy?

You're wife actually survived this couple?
Her father and step-mother live in the Dallas area. She was raised in the Austin area with her mom and step-father...

Her father is the most sensible of them all, but sometimes makes poor decisions based on input from his wife... :razz:

She is the type of person that is right, no matter her knowledge of the subject. She is happy with her ribs cooked on the gasser and the oven with the use of liquid smoke in a marinade. She has a fear of unlit charcoal and likely was a contributing factor to him never using the minion method on the ECB, despite me telling him that was the way to go with that cooker, even if using natural lump.

She has never complained about the food I cook my way, but I think she sold him on the electric for the above reasons.

Any other commercially available products that I could consider to improve his use of this guy?
http://www.smokedaddyinc.com/smokers.htm#6inch

I have a larger version and it works awesome...it's my cold smoker i have hooked up to a smoke house. He could attach this to his MES and because it's an external unit there are no issues with ventilation. If you go this route i'll give you some good tips on use.

http://www.smokedaddyinc.com/smokers.htm#6inch

I have a larger version and it works awesome...it's my cold smoker i have hooked up to a smoke house. He could attach this to his MES and because it's an external unit there are no issues with ventilation. If you go this route i'll give you some good tips on use.
Interesting...I'll do some digging on using them with electrics or for hot smoking in general.

The new and improved Smoke Daddy is tops in the running right now...

Any other thoughts?

The new and improved Smoke Daddy is tops in the running right now...

Any other thoughts?

null_zps94843ee7.jpg

:grin:

Back