THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice work! Where in Florida are you vacationing? If you're anywhere in east central Florida then let me know and a brother could help out with the equipment.

Russ

Pork looks great, pulled at 9:30, with kettle temp running solid at 250*. never reloaded charcoal and still had at least a few hours worth of fuel. IT was 200* and both picnics were probing like butta. Hit them with one last coating of AJ and a little more Everglades Cactus Dust.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: pic quality due to phone pics. Also, no thank button on Tapatalk, so ONE big thanks to all :)

I gotta say I'm amazed at the quality of Weber Kettles, now I understand the rabid following of the Weber Heads lol. Thanks for looking.

Great lookin picnics!!!

Awesome job adapting to what you had to work with! Personally, I think it's awesome that you got that long of a burn out of one load of charcoal!:thumb:

Looks like we'll soon have another Weber head scouring the CL internets looking for bargain kettles!

I'm a new(er) convert to kettles (almost a year since I got my 1st, now I have 3 :icon_blush:)

I have been nothing short of amazed at how well they handle ANYTHING I try on them... hot & fast, low & slow, 2 zone fire, offset fire, full fire, water pan, drip pan w/ no water, sub 100* smoke, YOU NAME IT, it will do it!

Makes me tear up when I think about how versatile them simple little enamel coated orbs are... *sniff*

And a great lookin cook too bro! Nicely done!:thumb:

RK, sorry for late reply, I'm in Sarasota county staying in Siesta Key Village a block from Siesta Key. Tried Blu Smoke Island Grill yesterday, really good brisket:

Last edited:
Your overnight cook looks great!
Regarding the Everglades rub... Yeah, I've used it before. Good stuff, but be careful, it's loaded with MSG. That stuff has a strange effect on me.

Chollaway, there must have been complaints, my batch of rub says no MSG although I've always been ok with it.

Disclaimer: pic quality due to phone pics. Also, no thank button on Tapatalk, so ONE big thanks to all :)

I gotta say I'm amazed at the quality of Weber Kettles, now I understand the rabid following of the Weber Heads lol. Thanks for looking.

You are most welcome ~ glad to help.
Does this mean you'll trade your MC for my Weber kettles? :becky:

Posey, most certainly not! I love my MC but simplicity (the Weber Kettle) is beautiful. Final pics: Yes, I got a little crazy with the slaw lol, Sweet Baby Ray's original topped it off.

Last edited:
Back