Getting started

TNsmoker

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Rob
Just wondering what the typical health dept requirements are to start catering? I know that a "home kitchen" is out of the question but i'm kind of in the dark at this moment on what type of setup I would need to satisfy any govt regulations they may have. I know each local govt has differant regulations but i'm just speaking in general terms. Maybe a certian type of trailer and smoker requirements??? Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Going to vary from state to state & even county to county within states. Simplest answer to your question is contact your county health department. They will give you a list of requirements for food handling & catering.

Going to vary from state to state & even county to county within states. Simplest answer to your question is contact your county health department. They will give you a list of requirements for food handling & catering.

Exactly,
Do not buy anything until you have talked to your local Health Department.
You don't want to have to buy the right item after having bought the
wrong item.

It
s my understanding that TN is a little more relaced than some States. Start by contacting the local County HD or if you live in a bigger city probably the City HD.

James at Extreme BBQ Trailers is also from your State and may be able to help you. He's a member here.

Awesome, sounds great. Thanks for the help guys! Hopefully may get this thing started, if money and time allows, by first of next yr.

Back