THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

farmer-fred

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Tom
Done two racks of STL ribs today in the Pellet Pro. Seasoned them with SPOG and Jeff's rub and on one rack I added some Slap Ya Mama to spice it up. Set the cooker @ 225 for three hours. I mixed up a batch of Gentleman Jack, Coke & water for a spritz and then turned up the heat to 275 and made up a glaze using the balance of the spritz mix, more Jack, some BBQ sauce, Honey and brown sugar. I thought about wrapping but they looked so good I decided not to. Best ribs I have ever cooked. I also made up a pot of baked beans and cooked them under the ribs so they got some of the drippings. I pulled the ribs @ 205 internal and rested them for 15 minutes before slicing.

Seasoned and on the smoker
20200503_125456.jpg
Resting
20200503_174422.jpg
Sliced, look at that smoke ring
20200503_174833.jpg
Plated
20200503_175220.jpg
Great bite through. Excellent taste.
20200503_175248.jpg

Thanks guys. I also love Bourbon and ribs. The more I use the Pellet Pro the more I like it. It has not let me down yet. On the ribs cook I did use the Big Kuhuna smoke generator with cherry to infuse some more smoke flavor. It worked great and did not over do it.

Back