Genesis Silver C restoration

crispybacon11

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
New here, but I really enjoyed this project and thought it would be appreciated here.

I recently came into ownership of an abandoned Genesis Silver C that I decided to completely restore. It was found behind a friend's recently purchased house, and I found out afterwards that a co-worker had rented the house years ago and used the same grill. Initially I broke all parts down and power washed them. For whatever grime was left, I used Barkeeper's Friend and a multitude of scrubbing tools to get everything back to its base. Then I used Rustoleum Grill paint for the firebox and hood caps, and Auto Enamel for the frame and associated components. Pictures here:

http://imgur.com/a/NtY4Z

Replaced:
SS flavorizer bars
SS grates
Main igniter
Warming rack/basket
2 caster wheels

When all was said and done, it cost roughly $175 and I get a great project and a like-new grill. So far I've done some great burgers and pizza. Tonight is grilled bacon-wrapped jalapenos, Parmesan-zucchini, and swordfish with a pineapple-mango salsa.

Cheers!

Nice work! I prefer to cook on charcoal or even wood but having a gasser (or two ;) ) is often useful. I have a Silver A which gets occasional use 'round here.

Nice work! I prefer to cook on charcoal or even wood but having a gasser (or two ;) ) is often useful. I have a Silver A which gets occasional use 'round here.

Thanks! I've got a Weber Q that I used before this, and it comes in handy for tailgates and camping trips. I think my next step is to get into charcoal grilling and/or smoking, but I grill so often it's hard for me to get past the laziness factor and ease of propane. :redface:

Beautiful Restoration! Looks better than new. Gasser's don't get much play around here, but We all have one, or a few, right? I know I have a couple that need resto's, and one that needs fixing. Getting Weber parts is probably not too bad.

Again, great job! Thanks for showing it, and have fun cooking on it.

Beautiful Restoration! Looks better than new. Gasser's don't get much play around here, but We all have one, or a few, right? I know I have a couple that need resto's, and one that needs fixing. Getting Weber parts is probably not too bad.

Again, great job! Thanks for showing it, and have fun cooking on it.

Thanks! I didn't quite know what to expect going into it, but was really impressed with how easy parts were to come by; Weber is really good at using the same parts across generations. Most things I ordered off of Amazon, but I walked right into the local Home Depot to pick up the SS grates. Not bad for a 12 year old grill!

Awesome resto! That thing is better than new and should last you a lifetime. I have a silver b I picked up of CL for free I need to restore when I find time

I have this exact same grill (I bought mine off Craigslist for $40). I restored mine too, but you did a much better job! I cleaned the heck out of the insides, replaced flavorizer bars and grates and she was in good shape. This grill does an outstanding job, best gas grill I've owned, by far.

That is a very impressive restoration. You should be extremely proud and the food looks fantastic..............HUGE KUDOS Brother:clap::clap::clap:

Back