GAB, AR or Jack?

• Great American Barbecue

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • American Royal

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Jack Daniels

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters
If I was ever fortuneate enough to go to either it would be the Jack- probably do to the selection process.

We enjoy both the GAB and the AMR. The GAB is more of a "cooks" contest in that you get to see a lot of teams and it is easy to get around and see most of them. The AMR is a whole other contest. It is huge and can be more about doing your own thing. Many teams are caught up in their hosted parties and such.

Both are excellent and great venues for testing your skills against some very good cooks.

GAB or Jack would be a great honor and adventure.

The Best of the Best at Douglas is at the top of my list of favorite Invitationals and we hope to earn our way there.
But, it takes a full season of consistant finishes to be in the TOP 10 of a sanctioning body--so we got our work cut out for us :oops:

It's all good.

TIM

I chose the Jack just because it's the Jack.

I guess I would say the GAB and then beg and/or borrow extra vacation time if I got an invite to the Jack...

That being said, I would love to do all three (and hope to some day)!

I just got my invite for the GAB sadly we are already booked. I did not know they would be inviting a Canadian team.

The Royal.

1. Your Jack invite is not definite
2. You may be able to extend your trip a day or so and cook the Invite AND the Open
3. I like the judging better at the Royal

Having now experienced both the GAB and the Royal now I would go with GAB if I only had a choice of 1. The Royal was fun to watch all the craziness on Friday night and maybe if I was 20 years old it would of been a blast but after that Sat and Sun turned into a ghost town. At the GAB, as mentioned by a few above is more of a cooks contest and more cooker friendly and to me was run better. The GAB had the same great vibe throughout the weekend

Back