GAB Rub & Sauce Results - 2007

Anyone ever tried Trim Tab's Pork Powder? I had never heard of it before Plowboy posted the results.

Oh, My GAWD!!!!!!!!! Plowboys Rub was #2 Rub overall!

#2 Mild rub and #1 Hot Rub at the GAB!!!!!!!

I'm shaking I'm so excited. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

Last edited:
Okay, it gets better. We were #2 overall for all sauces, rubs, and packaging. We were just 1.32 points behind Trim Tab for overall Grand champion. I don't think I can sleep now. I've called Randy three times and its midnight.

Okay, it gets better. We were #2 overall for all sauces, rubs, and packaging. We were just 1.32 points behind Trim Tab for overall Grand champion. I don't think I can sleep now. I've called Randy three times and its midnight.

That is awesome Todd! Congrats to all!!

Called the Great American and they only pay out to the top winners in each of the 5 categories and overall. They don't pay out to individual category winners or runners up like Mild Rub vs. Hot Rub.

DANG!!! That sucks. Cost us $50 each to enter Mild Rub and Hot Rub. You'd think there would be some money in that if you got 1st in one and 2nd in another. It was a little confusing if we'd even get ribbons or a call to the stage. I hope we get at least that level of recognition for the $100 we spent to enter.

I sure hope the person I was talking to didn't get their information right. How can their not be a payout for winning a category? Why even have a Mild Rub vs. Hot Rub?

Nice work Todd. I should have bought some of that rub at Sugar Creek.

Whoo Hoooo!! My Blue Collar took 8th over all out of 105!!! Sweet heat was 39th

Jay, you were #5 for mild tomato sauce. That rocks!!

Blues Hog was #5 overall Hot BBQ sauce. I see Bill entered a Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle sauce, too. Must have been playing around.

Back