GAB Invitational

Can't wait to meet some more Brethren!

We're going to stay at Cottonwood Campground and spend most of Saturday wandering around making nuisances of ourselves - probably after turn-in time. ;)

Arlin

We're going to stay at Cottonwood Campground and spend most of Saturday wandering around making nuisances of ourselves - probably after turn-in time. ;)

Arlin

Go see HoDeDo. I suspect he still has some decent stuff left from Little Rock, maybe.....:wink:

We're going to stay at Cottonwood Campground and spend most of Saturday wandering around making nuisances of ourselves - probably after turn-in time. ;) Arlin

Arlin - you know you are welcome in our spot!!! Sounds like I need to add some scotch to the list of bottles in the freezer. :twisted: Great to year you are coming up... who else is in the "we"??

Go see HoDeDo. I suspect he still has some decent stuff left from Little Rock, maybe.....:wink:

Been holding onto a certain Gentleman since Little Rock just for this weekend. :wink: I have to say the Tito's has taken a hit over the last several contests; bloody marys, screwdrivers, and icy cold shots...:icon_devil

Also emptied the Templeton too... so I will be working on fresh bottle for GAB as well...

Not sure how that list was compiled - but it's missing at least one team that's going to be there and qualified for the invitational.

Wow really sucks that I have plane tickets and a site all ready to cook the invitational and I am not on the list:confused: When the invitations were sent out i remember when SmokeInDaEye received his. I was thinking at the time I would receive my shortly after but a few weeks went by and I didn't. I contacted the GAB and they told me I wasnt on "the list" and that KCBS had not given them any info. I gave thee GAB all of my info as well as my GC win etc. They put an application in the mail. I filled it out and sent it back a few weeks ago and made all of my arrangements to travel and cook. This got me thinking. Why didnt I recieve it? Would this happen with the Jack and the Royal? I contacted KCBS and they told me since I was not a current member that they would not forward my info to the invatationals.:confused: Thats Bull s**t! Regardless I got muscled to renew , oops excuse me, I decided to renew my membership so I wouldnt have to go through the same BS with the Jack and the Royal. SO here I sit and I come to find out that apparantly the GAB never recieved my application so my issue is still not resolved. Sigh.......

I contacted KCBS and they told me since I was not a current member that they would not forward my info to the invatationals.:confused: Thats Bull s**t!

You have GOT to be kidding me. You cooked a KCBS sanctioned event. KCBS has an obligation to the organizers of said sanctioned events to report who won their event if it turns out to be a qualifier.

There were times that I had to call the organizer to get the winners information from them if the winner wasn't a member.

I call bullsh!t

This got me thinking. Why didnt I recieve it? Would this happen with the Jack and the Royal? I contacted KCBS and they told me since I was not a current member that they would not forward my info to the invatationals.:confused: Thats Bull s**t!

Wow now that's messed up ! The contest paid for sanctioning KCBS owes it to the contest to report the results to The Jack/Royal/Gab. That blows my mind. :mad:

Maybe we can take up a collection for Sled? :icon_shy

Please no offense to anyone. but is the Invitational about half the size it used to be?

From the team lists currently on their site it looks like this;

06 ---Invite 43 Open 181
07 ---Invite 52 Open 206
08 ---Invite 61 Open 225
09 ---Invite 37 Open 141

Thanks Greg. I guess it wasn't quite half in size, but significantly smaller. I guess if I was the Royal, they should be watching very very closely....

Arlin - you know you are welcome in our spot!!! Sounds like I need to add some scotch to the list of bottles in the freezer. :twisted: Great to year you are coming up... who else is in the "we"??

Thanks, Andy! I'm sure we'll have a great time over there with you and Kim. Can I take you some more cigars? :twisted: I'll take some scotch, of course, and a cooler of beer too. Can't show up empty-handed now...
"We" is my Q'in, shootin', cigar-smokin' lady - Jean. Hell, you'll like her so much you'll forget about me! :biggrin: Oh, and she's a bourbon girl so we'll take some Jack Single Barrel up - at least.

Been holding onto a certain Gentleman since Little Rock just for this weekend. :wink: I have to say the Tito's has taken a hit over the last several contests; bloody marys, screwdrivers, and icy cold shots...:icon_devil

Also emptied the Templeton too... so I will be working on fresh bottle for GAB as well...

I managed to get a bottle of that here, finally. That is GREAT chit!

You have GOT to be kidding me. You cooked a KCBS sanctioned event. KCBS has an obligation to the organizers of said sanctioned events to report who won their event if it turns out to be a qualifier.

There were times that I had to call the organizer to get the winners information from them if the winner wasn't a member.

I call bullsh!t
Heres the deal . When i questioned this practice the answer I received was that you dont have to be a member but when the invitationals contact them they look at the membership list to pull the info. If the membership is not current your name and contact info will not show up. I guess that call that you made to the organizers is not happening since you left. So basically they are not withholding the info but a non memeber does not exist casue they are not "in the system" :rolleyes:

It's becoming really hard to find. With the company expanding into the Illinois market and the 5 year turn around for new product, the supply is very limited. I called no less than 8 retailers in Des Moines, before I found one with a couple of bottles and he had the price pretty inflated. I paid almost $40/each. Originally it was under $30 at Sams. I found a couple over on the east side by the fairgrounds, I guess the demand is lower there. I was told that the state is limiting retailers to 1 case per month(6 bottles) So the moral is, if you like it and can find it, buy as much as you can.

Heres the deal . When i questioned this practice the answer I received was that you dont have to be a member but when the invitationals contact them they look at the membership list to pull the info. If the membership is not current your name and contact info will not show up. I guess that call that you made to the organizers is not happening since you left. So basically they are not withholding the info but a non memeber does not exist casue they are not "in the system" :rolleyes:

I still call bullsh!t.

If anyone has been a member within the last 3-5 years (the conversion was made 3-4 years ago) then all they have to do is uncheck active. All the information is still there.

From the team lists currently on their site it looks like this;

06 ---Invite 43 Open 181
07 ---Invite 52 Open 206
08 ---Invite 61 Open 225
09 ---Invite 37 Open 141
We had an invite, but due to high school graduation of a team member's son, we declined...similar type situations and costs may be effecting other teams as well.

Teresa and I may try to drive up Saturday afternoon to see Sled and kick him in the...........................foot. :twisted:
Will bring a fire extinguisher for Jeffie as well..........:eek::eek:

I still call bullsh!t.

If anyone has been a member within the last 3-5 years (the conversion was made 3-4 years ago) then all they have to do is uncheck active. All the information is still there.
Very true but what about folks that have never been members? Seems a bit flawed.

Back