THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ruger35

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Nope
Decided to try some Nashville Hot Chicken sandwiches today. I have always loved a spicy chicken sandwich, but never attempted to make one. Used some bone-in breasts and boneless skinless chicken thighs. Next time it will be all boneless skinless chicken.

Made a sauce to put on them and used Kosmo's Nashville Hot Chicken wing dust. Marinated in the fridge for 3 hours in buttermilk, pickle juice, hot sauce, and S&P.

Also used some sweet onions for rings and homemade boudin and boudin balls. Even double dredged the boudin balls this time in the buttermilk. Enjoyed the meal until the wife decided we need to eat salad as a side tonight as well instead of just fried foods. Women...

Last edited:
Boudin Balls are the best, usually just buy them frozen, drop them in the deep fryer when doing a fish fry.

Everything looks fantastic well done. :thumb:

Boneless chicken thighs are my favorite cut of chicken. Nice job. Looks delicious.

I have been using them for everything as well. When I made chicken patties a while back I used thighs instead of breasts, just more flavor to me.

Tried to be all food conscious and bought free range local chicken. But I noticed they were charging $10.45/lb. That's outrageous. That's when I ran to Costco and got the organic thighs for $3/lb.

Last edited:
boudin, love'm
had a good friend that made the for years and sold them roadside in Louisiana, never had one like'm since

Love chicken thighs Always go bone in Don't remember having boudin balls
Food looks excellent Would like some of all of that

Back