THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

but thats on them. The only cheating I care about would have to happen in the judges tent and I can't tell on those folks anyway. Grown men ought to mind their own business.

How often have you used a torch to brown your chicken skin?

If a guy is trying to fark an honest person out of prize money I make it my business. Cheating like that is no less of a crime than theft. I hate a thief.

but thats on them. The only cheating I care about would have to happen in the judges tent and I can't tell on those folks anyway. Grown men ought to mind their own business.

Just dont cheat where I can see you and we'll never have an issue. Responsible members of a society do whats best for the society without regard for personal welfare. In other words, I'll step up and call out somebody who is so insecure in their ability that they cheat.

I would definitely give them the benefit of telling them what's up with cooking with gas. We all say that it's clearly illegal - but really, are they cooking the meat with gas? I think Capn Kev brings up a good point because I can see how (especially) a rookie team could make that mistake.

In any case, I don't even start my fires with gas or electric - I keep that material away from my bbq!

On the other hand, it has been good to have help from experienced teams if I am doing something wrong and I don't realize it. (Thanks, Dusty!)

On the third hand, if someone's a stinkin' cheater thief who doesn't care that they're cheating - then I'd definitely let a rep or organizer know about it.

Good discussion!

I have no problem informing a cheater that they are in violation of the rules. If they claim ignorance and correct their honest mistake, I will let it go at that. However, they continue what they are doing or deny that they are cheating, I will rat on them in a heart beat. The way I look at it, is this. If you see cheating and let it go, you aren't much better than the cheater themselves.

I use a propane torch to fire up my big smoker in the morning of turn-ins. When I do this, I open both set of doors on my smoker before I fire it up. I also get two witnesses from other teams to verify that I am not cooking with gas. And I am not paranoid, I just like covering my pork butt........

Porters,

Juggy

i do the same thing Juggy. I make sure someone (other team) is around if I have to light my pit back up...

Back