THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

93_confirmed

Take a breath!
After seeing the recent Kettle Fried Chicken threads, I decided to give it a try...but with boneless/skinless breasts instead of the usual thighs/legs. I used a recipe from one of the folks over at the Weber Kettle Club but was a little skeptical because from what I've seen online, everyone that does this fried chicken always has skin to work with. Would it work with boneless/skinless breasts?

I cut the breasts in half longways, marinated them buttermilk and hot sauce for 4 hours, and coated them in half Italian breadcrumbs and half panko. Then threw them on direct heat for 3-4 mins per side. They came off crunchy, juicy, and with a really nice flavor. Couldn't be happier with the result and definitely a hit with everyone who tried them. :grin: I paired them up with Salt & Vinegar potatoes (sliced, boiled in vinegar and grilled).

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/other-recipes/%27fried%27-chicken/

Attachments

Nice...I've never grilled using breading...a must try. I understand marinating with the hot stuff but what does the buttermilk do?

Back