Fried Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts (Recipe & Pr0n)

93_confirmed

Take a breath!
After seeing the recent Kettle Fried Chicken threads, I decided to give it a try...but with boneless/skinless breasts instead of the usual thighs/legs. I used a recipe from one of the folks over at the Weber Kettle Club but was a little skeptical because from what I've seen online, everyone that does this fried chicken always has skin to work with. Would it work with boneless/skinless breasts?

I cut the breasts in half longways, marinated them buttermilk and hot sauce for 4 hours, and coated them in half Italian breadcrumbs and half panko. Then threw them on direct heat for 3-4 mins per side. They came off crunchy, juicy, and with a really nice flavor. Couldn't be happier with the result and definitely a hit with everyone who tried them. :grin: I paired them up with Salt & Vinegar potatoes (sliced, boiled in vinegar and grilled).

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/other-recipes/%27fried%27-chicken/

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 115
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 115
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 115
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 115
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 115
Yeppers. Did some tenders kinda like that a few weeks ago, but indirect. Yours look like they came out better. :thumb:

Nice...I've never grilled using breading...a must try. I understand marinating with the hot stuff but what does the buttermilk do?

Back