Friday Cook for 40

Pappa Roach1

Found some matches.
I was double booked for Saturday. We had a MOST Series Tactical Steel Rifle Match at the Sportsman's Club, and the wife had me cooking at a Church Fund Raiser in front of Wal-Mart. I did all the cooking and prep work for the Rifle Match Friday so that my brother could handle it by his self Saturday. I did make up an extra 1 Gallon Batch of Cold Slaw to serve with my Brats at the Fund Raiser. A one gallon batch of cold slaw was cutting it very close even for a rainy day.

2lne06x.jpg

I put the pork loins on the Rotisserie Grill at 8:30. I used my Pork Rub after rubbing with olive oil. I put them in aluminum pans, and added 2 cups of water.
I loaded the stick burner with a light loading of Royal Oak Lump to start with, then added 1 chimney of briquettes to light it off. I opened both stacks full, and had two vents open to start with. When it got to 275 I shut the air vents back to about 25 percent. I added more lump at 11:00 AM, and then left it alone till I pulled it at 5:00 PM.

2duhufd.jpg

One of the 4 trays of loin shown with the Porkinator. We broke the loin into chunks then put about half a loin in a deep stainless pot to shred. The Porkinator made short work of the 30 pounds of loins. The Porkinator has been the best investment of $50 we have made on cooking gear.

Rex's Secret Formula Baked Beans
I made up a double #10 can batch using Bush's Original Baked Beans. The secret recipe is the Brown Sugar, Onion, Mustard, BBQ Sauce, and Optional Pulled Pork added to the beans before heating. I precooked the bake beans for about 3 hours on low then let them cool. They are always better reheated after setting over night.

Bob's Ozark Sweet Cold Slaw
I cut the cabbage up first on a meat slicer, then finished it on the cutting board. I have found that two Carrots are about right for each single head batch. I put each One head batch of Slaw in a One Gallon Zip Loc bag for the night. NOTE: If you get large heads of cabbage they may make up just a little more slaw than will fit in a single Gallon Zip Loc.
I made up each batch of Dressing for one bag of slaw. I found that it is easier for me to mix up one gallon bag batchs at one time.
I need to locate another Salad Master Machine for the slaw.

Both events went pretty well. The rain held off till around 4 PM. My brother managed pretty well by his self. Of the 4 Gallons of Cold Slaw he had about a gallon left. He was a little over on Baked Beans and also had plenty of pork left over. We cooked up one extra loin over what I thought we would need. Better to have left overs, than run out.

Bob

Last edited:
Back