Freezing Pulled Pork?

Get yourself a foodsaver and vacuseal your leftovers & they will last for a couple of years. I just froze 8 lbs. in 1 lb. bags from my last cook. Then when I want pulled pork nachos I pull out a 1 lb. serving, or tacos or a sammie...you get the idea.

What he said. Not having pulled pork in the freezer is a sad thing. When I want to make some beans, gumbo, jambalaya, chili, whatever, and can't find any left over Q in the freezer, it's a sad day.

So what if you don't have a food saver? I've been putting it in Ziploc bags, and microwaving it. Am I missing something?

I know the topic was Pulled Pork, and I do Vacu-seal and it does comes out great.

But just to show you the power of the suck, yesterday I took some Smoked Pork Ribs into work, slit the corner of the bag and nuked while rotating and flipping a couple of times. I offered some to my boss and a co-worker. Man-o-man, my boss could not believe how good they were. He had purchased a chicken sandwich from a take out place and, well lets just say thats what he had for lunch today.

One funny story, on my way back from my South Carolina, with my carry on filled with Ribs and pulled pork in vacu-seal bags. I was selected for a secondary exam by the TSA. I guess they wanted to make sure all I had was BBQ. luckily they didn't ask for samples! ;)

------

Keale, Eh, howzit brah?

Last edited:
Back