Freeze Your Butt Off 2008

Chit, I will be going back to Munich that weekend for business. Just gonna need to find some que in Germany.

Ah, the old spanferkel and speatzle game.
BOT, how far to Hancock from L.I.?
3 hrs? 4?
Can't cook but are you looking for judges yet?

This should make it easy to stay warm....

Attachments

• NEW HAMPSHIRE 2007 003.jpg
    NEW HAMPSHIRE 2007 003.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 101
This should make it easy to stay warm....

Don't bet on it Ted. At the winter Sizzler last year there wasn't enough AC to run our heater in the trailer and I didn't bring a generator. I'm not sure those units put out enough heat anyway for temps in the teens !

what kind do you guys have? the bistro lamp looking type? or one of the coleman floor style?

actually, it was the jumbo, industrial-type heater that they use to warm up job sites... the only problem was that when we turned it down to the lowest it could go, our eyes were a little bit stingy from the unburned fuel.... :roll: heheh.

Ted - I LUV your trailer! ~jealousy mod~

Eric - this is Friday night People's Choice and Saturday BBQ turn-in? Or is BBQ turn-in on Sunday?

Don't bet on it Ted. At the winter Sizzler last year there wasn't enough AC to run our heater in the trailer and I didn't bring a generator. I'm not sure those units put out enough heat anyway for temps in the teens !

I was planning on bringing a generator. The camper is equipped with a gas furnace, but i have never used it and have no idea how to start it. Should be interesting...

I was planning on bringing a generator. The camper is equipped with a gas furnace, but i have never used it and have no idea how to start it. Should be interesting...

Ted do you have room in there for a couple of Anchormen?:roll:

Maybe, if you have a generator I can borrow and know how to start an RV furnace....
Actually we are looking for a propane heater at Lowes, for a pop up.
Besides there won't be room with your expanding family, congrats Dad!

Come on guys, it's going to be March. Your acting like your from Florida. You all should be acclimated fully by then and besides no one in this thread has a lack of "personal insulation" (myself included). :biggrin: The only bad thing is there is a lack of sun in that little valley.

I am glad though we did a practice cook all of last weekend so we should be able to handle everything from 20 degrees sleet, snow and wind to 45 and sun and wind. Perfect March weather it was.

Come on guys, it's going to be March. Your acting like your from Florida. You all should be acclimated fully by then and besides no one in this thread has a lack of "personal insulation" (myself included). :biggrin: The only bad thing is there is a lack of sun in that little valley.

I am glad though we did a practice cook all of last weekend so we should be able to handle everything from 20 degrees sleet, snow and wind to 45 and sun and wind. Perfect March weather it was.

So you guys are going with Q-Less as a team name now?
I wonder where that came from?

Only so many DAL or near DAL pork entries can be turned in before you admit your Q-Less. :rolleyes:
I remember a certain conversation with your wife by the pool concerning ....
oops is that another chat for another day:shock:

Just kidding, are you going to cook the Freeze Your Butt Off?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remeber a certain conversation with your wife by the pool concerning ....
oops is that another chat for another day:shock:

Just kidding, are you going to cook the Freeze Your Butt Off?

Don't worry, we know you guys where chatting up our wives. :biggrin:

Gary needs to clear his schedule, and if not maybe he'll let me fail on my own, it's too close to home (for me, not Gary so much) to not go.

Contest Update

The 2008 Freeze Your Butt Off is a New England Barbeque Society TOY Event. This contest will count towards the Team of the Year which ends in July 2008. The contest application, cooks package & judging registration forms will be up on this site by Saturday Night. Looking forward to a sucessful event ...

Back