Free Banners!

FYI - I used a JPG on my previous order and was VERY happy with the results. No jaggies seen.

I just placed another order! You can't beat the price and it looks better that what my local guy did here for $75!

John sums it up well but to clarify some art questions, I'll add some more info based on my ad background (admittedly I haven't dealt much in print the past 5 years).

While a vector file is best other formats will work fine IF the file is high enough resolution. A large jpg may be fine, but a small jpg will not - enlarging any jpg file will eventually become pixelated, just depends on the file size. Also, keep in mind that just because the proof looks fine on the computer screen does not guarantee it will look fine on the actual banner. A standard computer monitor is only 72 dpi (dots per inch) - professionally printed materials are at least 600 dpi, generally 1200 dpi and sometimes even more depending on the equipment the printer has. I would guess these banners are 1200 dpi.

Regarding my banners, I accept full responsibility. I must not have used the vectored file - I think I tried it and the file size was too large.

I can't get one shipped over here. :(

Do you want to ship it to me and I can then send it to you? I don't know if the extra shipping cost is worth it or not depending on the cost of banners over there.

Just ordered (3) 2'x8' banners with our "Left Hand Smoke" logo plus lettering...$19.95 plus shipping...WOW! :p

i didn't have any luck with them. mine looked like crap. you would think they would tell you your logo won't work instead of just sending you a big piece of crap. i'll stick with guerilla. they support most of the bbq websites with ads ( i hope they support this one).

Proof.ashx

Here's a copy of ours...:p

John sums it up well but to clarify some art questions, I'll add some more info based on my ad background (admittedly I haven't dealt much in print the past 5 years).

While a vector file is best other formats will work fine IF the file is high enough resolution. A large jpg may be fine, but a small jpg will not - enlarging any jpg file will eventually become pixelated, just depends on the file size. Also, keep in mind that just because the proof looks fine on the computer screen does not guarantee it will look fine on the actual banner. A standard computer monitor is only 72 dpi (dots per inch) - professionally printed materials are at least 600 dpi, generally 1200 dpi and sometimes even more depending on the equipment the printer has. I would guess these banners are 1200 dpi.

Regarding my banners, I accept full responsibility. I must not have used the vectored file - I think I tried it and the file size was too large.

I own a large format print shop so I'll throw my two cents in.
Try to avoid sending a jpg if at all possible - jpgs are compressed file formats and every time they get opened and saved they get recompressed. Do it enough and the image starts to degrade and pixelate. If you have to use a bitmapped file use an uncompressed TIF. As far as bitmap file sized for images you want to use an image that's around 150dpi at final output size. In other words if you want a 36 x 48 banner you should send a 9 x 12 image at 600dpi (9 x 12 to 36 x 48 is a 4x factor - 600dpi / 4 = 150dpi).

For inkjet banners always use RGB instead of CMYK - you'll get better color.

Last edited:
That's great, thanks for the link. I used their website to create our sign in about 10 minutes time and paid $27 to have it here by next Friday.

You guys that got your banners quickly, did you pay for the expedited shipping, or did you order snail mail and get it quicker than expected? Also, how about the grommets? You guys ordering them with grommets or adding your own?

Snail mail.... less than a week... with grommets no charge.
(ordered 2 banners... and paid less than $12 for everything)

FYI. Mine shipped from Austin, TX. Mine was delayed due to pics problem. I actually forgot about it for 2 months. Re-made a basic design and I actually received it the next day. They have great customer service. Will probably get another one made.

Has anyone tried the colored background banners. Or is everyone sticking to white.

I did these last season dinking around with different colors and backgrounds and they are holding up great, this pic was when I got them new.

You guys that got your banners quickly, did you pay for the expedited shipping, or did you order snail mail and get it quicker than expected? Also, how about the grommets? You guys ordering them with grommets or adding your own?

Mine came with grommets, but I added more for a better fit. Harbor Freight has the kits super cheap.

100_3230.jpg

Back