THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
My wife and I are in Austin, TX for my company's annual meeting, so guess where I had lunch? You guessed it... Franklin BBQ! We got there at 8:00 AM and were 10th in line! The 3-hour wait was so worth it! We met some really cool people and the conversation made the time pass quickly. I had beef ribs, brisket, and sausage. Let me be clear... IT WAS ALL WORTH THE WAIT!!! Best of all, Aron Franklin was there and I got a picture!

That is awesome. That line looks like no joke. people brought their camping chairs!!!!

I would personally treat it like a tailgate if i could. have a cooler with some beer and some tunes lol. Maybe some cornhole also.

That's awesome. It's defiantly a stop I'd like to make someday too. And as many forum members that know good BBQ have been there and say how good it is, that says a lot.

Great pix - thanks for posting! My sister lives in Austin but is moving away in the next couple months. I need to go visit her - and Franklin's - ASAP!

My mouth is watering.........

I was there in July and the line was already around the the corner of the block and 2 to 3 people deep.

Congratulations!!!! great picture.

Congrats!!! Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Capital City of Texas and BBQ.... BTW - there are more places IMHO as good as Franklins around here.

And that is a line of Texan BBQ eaters waiting in line.... within a hundred miles of Lockhart waiting in line. So basically... Austin got BOTH Prince visiting the City AND Thunter

Back