Found a little gem at the grocery store today

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
No matter where I go, if they sell meat I always make a pass through the meat department to see if there's any sales or interesting things that catch my eye. Today was one of those days...this is a local grocery chain that I'll occasionally buy pork or chicken from when it's on sale, but normally it's priced enough higher than Sam's or Costco I'll just wait until I make my next trip to buy. Occasionally they'll have whole CAB packer briskets in the cooler for $4.09-$4.19/lb, which is usually still too high for me when I can get a prime packer from Costco for the lower $3.xx. But I spotted two choice CAB briskets from Creekstone Farms in the bin today, along with two choice Excel packer briskets, for $4.19/lb - probably $.70 - $.80/lb higher than I'm used to paying, but on a 12lb brisket that's like $8 bucks so whatever.

I've never cooked a Creekstone Farms brisket before, I think their sales are usually for prime, but these were pretty nicely marbled for choice, probably as good or better than a lot of the prime packers I see. So I bought the better marbled example of the two, though the smaller of the pair. I think I'll save this one for the maiden voyage on the Mak 2 star once I'm finally done cleaning her up.

]

Back