for those of you without RV's or campers

Our neighbor just got one of these. kind of spendy but seems to be very sturdy.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20146&hasJS=true

I have the Cabelas deluxe cot tent, the double size, your off the ground, your covered without putting up a tent, you just unfold it and your ready to go. You do need some kind of padding, there is a bar going down the center. I have an air mattress I put in there, drawbacks, it is heavy, cost over 200 for the double size and if you are over weight I would not recommend it.

hi speedracer, yeah, their cheap for a DAY, but i need it for 4. fri to pack, sat at comp, sun at comp, return mon. might as well get a hotel room at that point, yeah?

I'd agree. You're going to pay over $80 for the trailer and you ought to be able to find a hotel room for that price (plus you get a shower and access to their pool).

I use a zero gravity chair in the enclosed trailer. But I'm going to get a cot. I'm a side sleeper.

The 13,500btu rooftop a/c is what really helps me sleep!

My truck has a topper on it so after I get all my equipment out I just roll out the air mattress and sleeping bag. About 9:30-10:00 I crawl in, pull the topper hatch down behind me and it's Lights Out til 2:00.

I was at one contest where they told me the truck would have to go out to the parking lot. I replied that I was OK with that as long as all the motor homes and trailers also went out as the truck is my redneck hotel room. The guy just chuckled and walked away.

Russ

Back