THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoosier1960

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Harold
I have a Maverick 732 at present. I very much like the idea of being able to monitor different meats and pits at the same time. I have a UDS and also a 18.5 WSM.
1: Are you happy with your Stoker and would you buy one again?
2: If you are using one on a UDS what size blower do you use?
3: How do the probes hold up?
Thanks in advance!
Hoosier

I have the wifi model with 18.5 wsm. I love the stoker and would buy another in a heart beat. Most of the time it will hold almost perfect temp. Ive had 2 times where it glitched, 1 time I went to check temp and the unit pegged the fan on and was running over 350 degrees. The other time it wouldnt respond. Not sure what caused it.

On a UDS the 5cfm fan should be fine, its not much bigger than a wsm

All my probes have been fine and I travel with it a lot.

I love mine, used it daily on 2 UDS with 10CFM fans for about 3 mths when I first opened my BBQ Shack. Probes last till you burn them up.... I've eat thru a few doing that or more accurately my employees have. I would buy one again. I have had it Glitch but real simple fix just had to reset to default.

Clint

I tried the 5cm with my UDS in cold weather and if just couldn't keep temp. I bought a 10cm and it is fine. I love the Stoker but don't use it that much unless I am doing an overnight cook. I am old and need my beauty sleep!

I love my stoker. I don't use it on a ups so I won't comment regarding that, but I will comment on the probe durability. The only issues I've had win the probes have all been with the plug end, not the probe itself. I've had a couple plug ends come apart, but they standard 1/4" stereo type plugs so they're easy to repair.

I'd have no hesitation buying another stoker again.

Back