For Brethren who have a Stoker

Hoosier1960

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Harold
I have a Maverick 732 at present. I very much like the idea of being able to monitor different meats and pits at the same time. I have a UDS and also a 18.5 WSM.
1: Are you happy with your Stoker and would you buy one again?
2: If you are using one on a UDS what size blower do you use?
3: How do the probes hold up?
Thanks in advance!
Hoosier

I have the wifi model with 18.5 wsm. I love the stoker and would buy another in a heart beat. Most of the time it will hold almost perfect temp. Ive had 2 times where it glitched, 1 time I went to check temp and the unit pegged the fan on and was running over 350 degrees. The other time it wouldnt respond. Not sure what caused it.

On a UDS the 5cfm fan should be fine, its not much bigger than a wsm

All my probes have been fine and I travel with it a lot.

I love mine, used it daily on 2 UDS with 10CFM fans for about 3 mths when I first opened my BBQ Shack. Probes last till you burn them up.... I've eat thru a few doing that or more accurately my employees have. I would buy one again. I have had it Glitch but real simple fix just had to reset to default.

Clint

I use mine all the time, I have both the 5 and 10 cfm fans for my BGE and always use the 5, its plenty big.

I would buy again and again.

I tried the 5cm with my UDS in cold weather and if just couldn't keep temp. I bought a 10cm and it is fine. I love the Stoker but don't use it that much unless I am doing an overnight cook. I am old and need my beauty sleep!

I love my stoker. I don't use it on a ups so I won't comment regarding that, but I will comment on the probe durability. The only issues I've had win the probes have all been with the plug end, not the probe itself. I've had a couple plug ends come apart, but they standard 1/4" stereo type plugs so they're easy to repair.

I'd have no hesitation buying another stoker again.

Back