THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N

njmike

I read someplace on the web, and can’t find it again, about cooking some extra when the smoker is fired up and then using a foodsaver vacuum bag to freeze the meat. Then when it’s time to eat it, weekdays, take the bag out of the freezer and place it in a pot of boiling water and heat it up that way.

Has anybody here done this? The question I have is how long do you heat it up. Since the meat is in a vacuum sealed bag, you can’t easily tell if it’s done, and once you open the bag your done.

Thanks

Michael

kapndsl said:
So what's the normal boil/reheat time?
Mike,
I use 15-20 minutes at full boil if starting with frozen Q.
TIM

Tim,

Not to be a pain :D but how much Q for 15-20 minutes. I'd hate to open the bag to only learn that I farked up and it's still cold.

Thanks

Michael

PS I promise I won't beat this into the ground that bad :)

Tim,

Not to be a pain but how much Q for 15-20 minutes. I'd hate to open the bag to only learn that I farked up and it's still cold.
Mike,
Ya ain't a pain and I ain't being funny when I say "a bag full".
Those bags hold a pint to a gallon of stuff and if ya boil them 15 + minutes, they will be hot and juicy.
If, for some reason it is not- just Nuke it for 30 seconds. But, ya really can't "over boil" either. Just hot and moist--just like it went in.
TIM

If it's still cold, ain't ya got a microwave??

I just put my leftover Q in Ziplock bags and freeze. When we want Q, we nuke it, sauce it and eat it. No complaints from my family yet. Of course, leftover Q at this house doesn't survive more than 2 weeks.

Back