Food term moratorium for 2019

Stuff I wish I'd never see again at this place:

Chit.
Fark, and its variations.
Because children read this forum.
When in doubt throw it out.

^ +1 for "When in doubt throw it out." I am never in doubt about throwing food away unless it stinks or has unnatural stuff growing on it.

Back when people were protesting the Augusta National for not allowing women members, a radio station DJ (I think it was) went out and pranked the protesters. He had a sign that said "make me a sandwich" and.....I forget what the other side said. He was interviewed by some news organization and told them his name was Ben Dover or something like that. LOL I wish I could find it on the web somewhere....

EDIT :: FOUND IT! My memory was a bit off. "Make me dinner" not a sandwich, and Heywood Jablome, not Ben Dover.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/897359/posts

The original article has, it seems, been stricken from the web, I can't find it.

That's hilarious, reminds me of the news station in the bay area that misreported the flight crew names of the Asiana plane that crashed. Captain Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk, and Bang Ding Ow.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-station-falsely-reports-names-584696

That's hilarious, reminds me of the news station in the bay area that misreported the flight crew names of the Asiana plane that crashed. Captain Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk, and Bang Ding Ow.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-station-falsely-reports-names-584696

I laughed for weeks over that. I couldn't believe someone didn't proofread it first.
I just imagined some poor guy at the NTSB getting more and more frustrated with phone calls asking for more information and he finally snapped.

This is taking it further from a phrase to an entire cooking style that I simply ignore. Have never done it, don't intend to ever do it, won't ever buy the contraption to do it and I skip all the posts that deal with it - sous vide.

I know some members seem to like it, don't ever count me as one of them. :p The whole concept reminds me of some quick frozen dinner boil-in-a-bag and serve deal from Swanson or Stouffer's or whatever. If you're gonna cook, cook. Cooking in a plastic bag doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned.

-lunchman

This is taking it further from a phrase to an entire cooking style that I simply ignore. Have never done it, don't intend to ever do it, won't ever buy the contraption to do it and I skip all the posts that deal with it - sous vide.

I know some members seem to like it, don't ever count me as one of them. :p The whole concept reminds me of some quick frozen dinner boil-in-a-bag and serve deal from Swanson or Stouffer's or whatever. If you're gonna cook, cook. Cooking in a plastic bag doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned.

-lunchman
Always makes me think of the microbiology lab. Maintain temperature and humidity.

Probe tender. Goes in like room temperature butter.... That one alone can be taken so many ways; including but not limited to the way my sick mind thinks.

You mentioned "Brisky" the last time this subject was discussed. I agreed with you then.... I still do! :laugh:
I'll add "Chucky", "Sammy" and "Roti" to the list.
Have to add Yard Bird too.

I am with you on Brisky. Roti, I did not understand until somebody put a picture because I made jamaican roti, (flat bread). Not for me but my wife does not like the word "fatty", so now I am used to saying "bacon wrapped stuffed smoked sausage".

Back