Food pictures how to make it look better.

The most important advice: Don't get too drunk before you start taking pics. The amount of times I've screwed up an otherwise perfect throwdown entry is ridiculous. Nothing worse than getting up in the morning and noticing you have literally no decent photos.
What?!?!? Are you suggesting that the Brethren drink? Nonsense I tell you... Well maybe a little... Ok more than a little...

Lighting. If the hood/vent/microwave above your stove has down-facing lights, then use your cooktop for photoshoots.

I’m an amateur. Pro’s may scoff and that’s cool. I use a version or my comprehension of Photography Rule Of Thirds. Think of a Tic Tac Toe hashtag. Now put an X in the middle. You want the subject of your photo anywhere except in that center X. You can cross the imagination lines but to me perfectly centered head On is where a “mugshot” comes from. Lines Shadows Angles can easily be created, Offset
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds
My Bride says I cook for the photo. She laughs when I say let’s cook this or that because it’ll make a great photo to send to some Flyfishing buddies— we stay in contact daily texting food photos.
Anyway my amateur recommendation is get what you’re wanting people to focus on out of the center X. Obviously there’s more but That’s a good start

Thank you for posting.

Back