Food Grade Drum Motherload...

My drum had Chevron Superla food grade (even kosher certified) oil in it, and i was thinking it would season up with a good wipe down. What do you think?

My drum had Chevron Superla food grade (even kosher certified) oil in it, and i was thinking it would season up with a good wipe down. What do you think?

Are you certain your drum has no lining? If not, burn it in.

Nope...got them at the factory on Merrill Creek Parkway. They ARE closed (banded)...the warehouse manager (Todd) said they pop off fairly easy...we'll see. If not I have the technology to remove it...:biggrin:

I just got a drum that looks exactly like that but contained 99.7% Glycerine. How did it go getting the lid off? Pics or directions

Thanks

Nope...got them at the factory on Merrill Creek Parkway. They ARE closed (banded)...the warehouse manager (Todd) said they pop off fairly easy...we'll see. If not I have the technology to remove it...:biggrin:

I just got a drum that looks exactly like that but contained 99.7% Glycerine. How did it go getting the lid off? Pics or directions

Thanks

No worries...easy peasy. I just drilled a 3/8 hole next to the rim and used a metal blade in my sabre saw...took about 10 minutes. If you follow the contour of the rim fairly close you don't even have to deburr it.

Neighbor and i built two of these as well. They look like the identical barrel same color sticker. We burned them till there was no paint on them pressured washed painted assembled. I can not get over how efficient they burn.

Back