Food Dectectivs on Food Network; Liquid Smoke challenge

So really what does that prove hell there's alot of people that think that the rib crib is the bomb.......if they wanted to put some real into this they should've used some KCBS judges, I can bet the results would be different...that's why I don't watch fn

Hoo-boy. Having done this kind of comparison myself, I know first hand the real deal is much better. Hard to trust Food Network to know how to do real BBQ though.

I remember Flay had a Jed Master that he used on how to cook ribs. I would go with him "knowing" bbq. Of course, I have never tasted his BBQ, but he married a Texan and so did I, so perhaps we both gained some knowledge through osmosis.

If I don't smell smoke outside.... I can pretty much bet the farm there isn't going to be any taste inside....

I don’t know guys, for me, if it tastes good I’m eatin it!

A place called the “Dummy” in the Ozarks used to light their smoker every day. Served some of the best ribs I’ve ever had. He never cooked any ribs on the smoker! But the apearence of the pit and the smell of the smoke always opened up peoples minds.

This show generally has terrible methods of testing.
They TELL the tasters to tell them which is bbq, so they are just going to point
to the ribs with most smoke taste.

How about not telling them there is one that is liquid smoke and then ask 10 questions or more.....texture, taste, etc... when people know what is being tested they skew their answers.

A better example is the msg episode where they tell them they ate msg and ask if anyone has any symptoms....
nothing about taste, etc.

Back