THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Just took a look at the latest Florida Mobile Food Dispensing Vehicle regulation! Whoo hoo! Self contained no longer required to report to a Commisary!! Check it out! Now all I need is $70K for my food truck! :mrgreen:

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/hr/licensing/GT_MDFV.html

2. Self-sufficient MFDVs include units that have:
A three-compartment sink for washing, rinsing, and sanitizing of equipment and utensils,
A separate handwash sink,
Adequate refrigeration and storage capacity,
Full provision of power utilities, including electrical, LP gas, or a portable power generation unit,
A liquid waste disposal system, and
Potable water holding tanks.
Such units must have a location where wastewater can be legally disposed of and water can be safely procured. This location cannot be a private residence. A self-sufficient MFDV is not required to report to a commissary.

This is good news. I think you can do a trailer for less than 70k. A truck might be harder. I hope you get out there, if you do, you may have some competiton from me! :wink:

I was thinking of coming back to FL and doing Tractor Pulls and antique tractor shows like I do now, but the commissary rule kept me from doing it. Bought a BBQ restaurant last week and now selling the trailer as it's not needed anymore. Oh well.

Back