THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lol this thread is hilarious. Everyone realizes that there are multiple ways to get good crusts and even doneness right? It's literally just physics.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I did not have the time to read all of this. But I did decide that y'all are all some insane mother-flippers! What the fark?!? 172 posts...

Can someone summarize? Flip once or 44 times? Help a lazy mother-farker out... [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I did not have the time to read all of this. But I did decide that y'all are all some insane mother-flippers! What the fark?!? 172 posts...

Can someone summarize? Flip once or 44 times? Help a lazy mother-farker out... [emoji1787]

It’s all about the Fleakers vs the non-Fleakers.

giphy.gif

This is a matter that must be decided.... Here!!!!

Lol this thread is hilarious. Everyone realizes that there are multiple ways to get good crusts and even doneness right? It's literally just physics.

Most of us are probably pretty set in our ways, but I have over cooked steaks by walking away before.
Just a few months ago I switched my brisket method, and it is better now than before.

PJ said “mother-flippers”

He’s so old he doesn’t even know how to spell Fleaker!

[emoji23]

Go fleak yourself! [emoji1787]
But don't hurt anything doing all this flips.

Seriously waiting on someone to get carpal tunnel...

Joining in on the fun.

Costco had some decent looking rib eyes. In the spirit of this thread, it was time to fire up the Flip Flop grill!

Side view:

Grill getting ready:

Added a couple chunks of apple to the coals because why not.

True flipping action!
https://bdaabat.smugmug.com/Steak/i-ZNz8WGp/A

Flipped every 30 seconds or so.

Fin!

This is the doneness that I was shooting for:

Finished the meal with a little spot of joy. :mrgreen:

Bruce

Joining in on the fun.

Costco had some decent looking rib eyes. In the spirit of this thread, it was time to fire up the Flip Flop grill!

Side view:

Grill getting ready:

Added a couple chunks of apple to the coals because why not.

True flipping action!
https://bdaabat.smugmug.com/Steak/i-ZNz8WGp/A

Flipped every 30 seconds or so.

Fin!

This is the doneness that I was shooting for:

Finished the meal with a little spot of joy. :mrgreen:

Bruce

Using the Flip flip grill for Fleaks??

Brilliant!!

Last edited:
Really depends on the grill for me. On my PK grill at home I'm a constant flipper for sure. Other types of grills I've had to use I don't think the flipping helps. No matter what cooking vessel I'm always after a solid well formed crust over grill marks.

Back