Flight Nurse trying to make his way in cold dark world

FlightRN

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Hello all, I am a Flight Nurse working on 911 helicopters for a living and love BBQing and smoking meat!. I also brew beer and have won a few competitions with it so they seem paired perfectly! I love to SCUBA dive and play poker. I served 13 years in the military with Special Forces. I own a Kamado (Vision Grills pro-c) and a webber kettle. My main reason for joining The Brethren is for some advice on a build I am attempting of a reverse flow smoker made from 250 Gal propane tank and of course tips and tricks to make awesome BBQ

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!
Sounds like you and I have a lot in common! I was an Army Medic flew on a Blackhawk ambulance. Not SF but Ranger tabbed. Love to SCUBA dive, Love to BBQ and grill. And have a weekly Hold 'Em game!
Can't help you with build advice though. But you came to the right place!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona, and thank you for your service.

Welcome!
If you post questions over in Qtalk about your build, you will get a lot of advice, some of which will be quality.:p

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here. Thank you for your service to our country.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back