THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is It Ready Yet?

Knows what a fatty is.
I just bought a spicewine cooker. I was looking to get a trailer. Does anyone use a flat bed trailer? Or is a cargo trailer the way to go? My concern is the elements (rain) during transportation.

We use a flat bed trailer but wish we had an enclosed . We have added a large storage box across the front.As far as the elements go you can get a nice custom fit cover made from a canvas maker reasonable. It is well worth the small investment to protect your cooker.

Attachments

• chicken 030 (Small).jpg
    chicken 030 (Small).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 137
Lots of guys use a flat bed or one of the Spicewine trailer cookers which are open to the elements. You'll just need an EZ-Up or two to keep you dry or out of the sun at the competitions.

We use a flat bed trailer but wish we had an enclosed . We have added a large storage box across the front.As far as the elements go you can get a nice custom fit cover made from a canvas maker reasonable. It is well worth the small investment to protect your cooker.

Mods, if this breaks the rules, please delete, just trying to help out a bud...

An old high school buddy has a canvas business...well, two actually, and does pretty sharp work.

http://www.northshoretactical.com/ Specialized, mainly police/military

http://www.northshorecanvas.org/index.html boats, campers, and more.

Known the owners since 74, great folks to deal with

I roll my medium in/out a 6x10 enclosed trailer. I have to take the chrome stack off to fit. KellerSteeler has his large mounter to a small utility trailer.

I have a 16' 5 ton equipment trailer that I use for contests. I have it set up so I don't have to unload it between contests, I just back it into a carport in the driveway. I do break it down at the end of the season but it stays pretty much whole throughout the cooking season.
At contests, I put up a 10x10 EZup with 2 legs on the trailer and the other 2 on the ground with leg extensions I made. I'm hoping to have a custom canopy made this year to make it a little more weather proof.
The trailer is much heavier duty than the load I put on it but i like it because its damn near rock solid even when 3-4 BBQ sized guys are on deck moving around.

Back